Chapter 15; The car ride

She pulled him into a hug, trying to calm him down.

It'll be ok. You'll be ok. This one sentence was enough to calm him down. He didn't want to let her go away. With that one sentence peace embraced him. The girl who was his abduct was embracing him trying to calm him down?

He let out a sob, wiping his tears with one hand while the other was still resting on her waist. She didn't want to leave him before the storm inside him would calm down.

She rubbed his back when she heard another sob from him.

He didn't know why he felt this comfortable in her arms. Why he felt right about breaking down in front of her.

He pulled away after some time looking looking down with a sad smile. His breath was still uneven and he was just looking down at the road as if it was the most interesting thing.

" It's okay." Luna spoke composing herself from crying again when she heard another sob from him.

She gently held his shoulders, helping him to get up.

He got up, taking support of the car and looking around randomly to avoid the situation getting awkward.

" It's okay." Luna said with a small smile, looking at Ashton giving her a thankful smile.

Watching the strong person break down like that did hurt. They met like 2 weeks back but the connection between the three had grown stronger.

He could never thank her enough for giving him that support he needed at that time. He was so grateful that he got him friends like them.

" Water." Wesley came panting, giving him the refilled water bottle.

" Thanks." Ashton said giving him a smile.

Looking at the smiling Ashton, Wesley had a smile on his face too. He gave a hug to his friend whispering in his ears.

" I am there with you. Don't worry." He said patting on his shoulders and not in the mood to loosen the grip anytime soon.

Ashton gave him a smile which was enough for Wesley to know that he did matter to him.

They sat in the car and started it without any further delay.

Ashton was still thinking about the event that just happened. He did not plan to break down like that. He never did. He would've never cried in some weird stranger's arms like that. Luna did mean something. But he wasn't sure what.

He did trust her enough before showing her his broken side.

But there was a thing which confused him. Emotions flowed down in him at that time but why was she sad? Why did she have a sudden change in the mood.

She would've easily ignored the situation and kept sitting in the car, not caring about what was happening outside the car because this is how we behave with a kidnapper right?

She would not care about what is happening with his life, his problems and just want to go back home. But she never tried to escape.

This thought made him think deeper and deeper.

" Any idea about the place." Ashton spoke looking at his black home screen.

" Nope. But don't worry. We will find a safer place to stay before midnight." He said looking at the front mirror.

" Yeah hope so." Ashton said letting out a sigh looking outside the open window.

They did go to the town that was nearby the place they stayed in the last night. It didn't satisfy them so they thought to just keep travelling.