Time To Go Home

The sky was a bright pink and purple as the sun was setting over the Pridelands. Soon the whole night would be covered by a dark blanket filled with millions of bright stars. "Kiara it's time to go home now," the Queen called out to her daughter. Kiara stopped what she was doing and turned to her mother, "no wait can we please stay longer," she pleaded. Nala sighed and shook her head slightly as she stood up and stretched. "I'm afraid not, it'll get dark soon and your dad should also be home soon," she said. Kiara whined and sat down with a loud humph. The Queen smiled to herself and began walking towards her daughter. She nudged her forward before picking Kiara up by the tail. "Heyyy! What are you doing," Kiara exclaimed. "Stop that," she added. Nala merely smiled through her closed mouth at the sight of her daughter's protest. "I can walk you know," Kiara said. The Queen put her daughter down and started walking towards Pride Rock, occasionally looking behind her shoulders to see if Kiara was still following her.

Nala breathed a sigh of relief as she saw her mate and the King standing at the foot of their home, Pride Rock. She was hoping he could be the one to deal with their upset and moody cub tonight. "Hey honey, how was your day?" she asked as she nuzzled her mate. "Good but long, I've missed you and Kiara so much," Simba said, returning the nuzzle. Nala laughed a little. "Well why don't I let you handle your little bundle of joy tonight," she teased. "I am going to head to bed, it's late," she added. Simba nodded then furrowed his brow, trying to understand what she meant by handling Kiara. His question was soon answered though as their daughter came into the scene looking glum and mad as ever. "Woah what's with all the attitude," Simba stated surprised. Kiara looked up at him with a death glare, rolled her eyes and continued walking up the steps of Pride Rock. Simba's eyes widened with shock, he had never seen her like this and was hoping he didn't have to for at least a while as she wasn't quite a teenager yet. Simba sighed and followed his daughter up to their den.

As he walked inside he saw Nala sleeping on the throne platform and the rest of the pride was scattered around either sleeping or going to sleep, but his daughter was nowhere to be found. The King thought to himself for a second before turning and heading back outside where he saw Kiara sitting by herself. Although for no good reason, Kiara was still mad at her mom for making her go home. She was a child who didn't fully understand the meaning of when something had to end and didn't know why the playing had to stop when it did. Of course her mother had explained it to her, but Kiara was too mad to listen and didn't want to listen to her mother at all at this point. "Hey sweetheart, what's wrong?" Simba asked as he quietly approached his daughter. "Mom's dumb," she stated. "Oh Kiara, don't say that. I highly doubt it," he said, trying to reason with her. "Well she is. She forced me to come home, she stopped my game and she bit my tail!" she shouted. "I am sure your mother had every good reason to gently bite you," he said, putting emphasis on the 'gently'. Kiara slumped down on the rock, "well I didn't want to go home so," she argued. Simba sat down and got to her eye level. "So you would rather have stayed outside in the cold, dark and scary Pridelands all night?" he questioned. Kiara turned her head slightly and looked up at her father. "Well, no but I didn't want to leave when she said so either," she protested. "Hmm, well I think you should go to bed now and apologize to your mother in the morning," he said. "It's late, everyone else has gone to bed and we're all tired," Simba added, standing up and walking towards the opening to their den. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at Kiara, "are you coming?" he asked. Kiara scoffed but stood up. "Fineee! I'm coming, I'm coming, jeez," she said. Simba sighed but let this one slide, not wanting to give his daughter another lecture on attitude at this very moment. Besides she was young, he would have plenty of moments to do that when she becomes a teenager. As the pair entered the den Simba told Kiara to go sleep in her own 'bed' for tonight. Kiara didn't protest as that was what she preferred too. She lay down with her back towards her parents and closed her eyes. The King looked over at his sleeping daughter and sighed, hoping that tomorrow would be a better day for all of them.