Becoming Uncles

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

This one shot is dedicated to my number 1 and biggest fan, who also happens to be one of my best friends. She recently watched Lion King for the first time and so obviously we also watched Lion King 1 ½ and Lion King 2. She loved Timon and Pumba so much and requested a story about them, so therefore this story is dedicated to them and her. 

***

It was a new day in the Pridelands and Timon and Pumba were on their way to Priderock because they had been summoned by the King. They lived in a den not far from the rock formation so it was a quick walk. As they walked towards the rock formation they could see Simba at the mouth of the den, but he wasn't alone, Rafiki was with him. "Isn't that the monkey? I wonder what this is all about'' Timon wondered out loud. "I have no clue," answered Pumba.

When they reached the top Rafiki bid farewell to the King, giving Simba the opportunity to come greet his friends. "Good morning Simba, care to tell us what this is all about?" Timon said, both of them still very confused. Simba was smiling and had a wide grin on his face when he said, "I would like you too to meet the newest member of the pride." "What!" they both exclaimed. Of course they knew Nala had been pregnant but they had no idea that the cub had arrived today. The three made their way into the den, which was completely empty, as the pride had left earlier in order to give the family more privacy. Simba approached Nala and gave her a quick nuzzle before sitting down next to her. "I would like you both to meet Kiara," Simba said. Timon, still too stunned to speak, stood by and watched as Pumba approached Nala first. "Wow congratulations you two, she's perfect," Pumba said, causing both parents to smile proudly. "Can I come closer?" he asked. Simba and Nala both nodded. "Of course you can," they replied. Nala gently licked the cub nestled in between her paws and quietly murmured "you have visitors little one" causing the princess to stir slightly and look up at this stranger above. Pumba gently gave her a nuzzle with his snout which caused Kiara to giggle a little. Then he backed away in order to give Timon a chance to say hello. Upon seeing her more closely Timon gasped in awe. The resemblance the little cub had to her father was uncanny, and memories flooded Timons brain of when Simba had been a young cub and he and Pumba had rescued him all those years ago. "Wow she's beautiful," he whispered as a single tear was shed.