Worry Wart Simba

Climbing was one of Kiara's favorite things. She loved finding the tallest tree or the biggest bolder to practice on and could play for hours. As an only child, climbing was one of the only ways that she could play by herself. That is, when her dad wasn't around. Luckily her dad was also the King of Pride Rock and so he was only around at very specific hours, which made it easier for the princess to plan said climbing practices. "Kiara! Kiara!" someone called out. "Coming, mom!" she replied. Using her claws, Kiara safely made it back down to the ground and greeted her mother. "Hey sweetie, find a new tree?" Nala asked. Unlike her mate, Nala was more than happy to let her daughter climb to her heart's content, as long as it was still safe. But she trusted Kiara to make responsible decisions and knew that climbing skills would be useful in the future. The princess grinned, "yeh and I actually found a bolder too," she explained. "Right over there by the waterhole," she said, pointing to a small formation by the water. "Oh, I know that rock! Us lionesses tend to use that to sun bathe on," Nala laughed. "Well now it's being used for climbing!" Kiara giggled. The Queen gave her daughter a quick lick goodbye and headed off with the rest of the lionesses to hunt, leaving Kiara to her climbing practice. Usually Kiara wouldn't spend too long climbing, but today her best friend Kani wasn't home and so she had the whole day to herself. It only took her a couple of tries and a few bumps and bruises here and there but beforelong the princess was able to see and grab onto the ledge. She was just about to heave herself on top of the boulder when she was interrupted. "Kiara, what are you doing so high up? That's not safe!" a voice said behind her. She looked back and saw her father standing right behind her. "Aw dad," she exclaimed. Simba grabbed her and set her down on the ground in front of him. "But mom said I could!" she explained. "Maybe if you had someone spotting you. But this is too dangerous," he said with a worried look on his face. Kiara rolled her eyes. "Fineee. Will you watch me then?" she asked. Simba sighed, he knew he wouldn't be able to stop her so at least he could watch her do it safely. "Alright then," he caved. The princess grinned and before he knew it, Kiara was already climbing again.