12.

"Minho? Is that you?" Jisung thought he might have been hallucinating.

"It's me, Minho. Bet you weren't expecting me." He sighed in reply, sitting down on one of the hospital chairs and placing his half empty coffee cup on the table beside it. "I came to say some things. Some things that are long overdue and probably have no meaning at this point." Minho dipped his head in humiliation.

Jisung tilted his head, sitting up-right and listening attentively. "I can't imagine anything having much meaning to me right now, but I'm listening."

Minho took a deep breath, he kind of knew what he was going to say before, but now that he was in the moment, all the words went away.

"So you know how I'm really mean to you?" Minho cringed a little. What a great start. Jisung had a lost expression plastered across his face, but didn't intervene. He did a small nod and let Minho continue.

"Um...well...I wanted to..erm.." Minho tripped over his words. It was hard saying these things to Felix, but Jisung? The words stuck to his tongue like super glue, not wanting to leave his mouth. Just get it out he told himself, get it over with.

"Take your time, okay?" Jisung managed a small smile. Minho groaned a little and sheepishly turned his head away.

"Why are you treating me like your friend?" Minho muttered.

"I just know how hard it is to get words out sometimes, so don't rush." Jisung, admittedly, was still a little scared of Minho, as much as he was good at hiding it. He just didn't have the energy to sound scared. Even to someone like Minho.

"Okay...then uhm, about my behavior towards you since" Minho looked to the side again, pausing in shameful realization, "well since we first met. I did some terrible things to you that you didn't deserve one bit, and for all that I did, I want to apologize. I know that I can't take back what I've done to you, and I don't deserve your forgiveness. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not gonna treat you like shit anymore." Minho buried his head in his hands, anticipating but dreading what Jisung was going to say back. He knew he didn't deserve to be forgiven, but god did he want to be.

"Minho...you didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure there was a reason behind everythin-"

"Like shit I didn't do anything wrong!" Minho yelled out. "You don't have to be afraid of how I'll react to things anymore, okay?! You deserve to speak your mind, you know? So just...say what you're really thinking." Minho toned down his voice as he spoke, but he really meant what he said all the way through. He looked up at Jisung, whose eyes were wide with a single tear forming.

"Fuck...sorry for yelling." Minho scratched his nape.

"It's um.." Jisung sniffed, "it's okay. I'm just a little sensitive at the moment."

Minho watched as Jisung sorted through his thoughts.

"I kind of knew all along there was someone good hidden under all that." Jisung grinned softly. "The things you did and said to me - they really hurt, so it might take a while for me to feel comfortable around you. Seeing you always put me on edge, whenever you'd enter the room I'd feel like cowering because all you did was belittle me. But you're trying to start fresh and I know you mean well now, so I forgive you."

There was a short silence. Minho breathed out.

"I don't deserve that, but thank you." Minho grinned a little, lifting his head from the ground and making eye-contact with Jisung.