Fifty three

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

The next day. The second exam. Not even half of it has been done and I was already exhausted and drained. It felt like hell, like torture. Luckily Erwin didn't say anything else to me yesterday, except for an approving nod when I left the PE building. I, unfortunately, hadn't seen Levi, which was a bummer as well. There were a few enthusiastic girls who were standing outside, both of them with a cigarette in their mouths whining about how hot mister Ackerman looked that day and how his pants hugged his figure perfectly and how they almost died when he glared at them.

I felt jealous, I couldn't help it.

I hadn't seen him and I wasn't going to look for him, it would've been a bit awkward and creepy if I went through the entire school just to get a glimpse of the person I have feelings for. And though he told me he'd wait, maybe he wouldn't want to see me here, at school. The place where everything started and all of it ended. It wasn't a nice comforting place, it felt awkward, grim and I couldn't wait to be freed of this shit place.

I ran my fingers through the ends of my hair, waiting for the call of the teacher who was supposed to tell us we are allowed to enter the building. I held my textbook in my hands, skimming through the text I had to memorise. I had been studying all night long, realising I wasn't well prepared when Hina tested my skills on the subject. I was garbage, despite studying so hard for it, it didn't seem to stay in my mind as if there was no place for it. It was frustrating, I had spent so much time trying my best to remember everything I had to remember, but I simply couldn't. I was tired already and the anxiety about not passing the exams and having to stay another year at this school was haunting me at night, not being able to get proper sleep, causing me to feel like a wreck in the morning and not even caffeine could help me.

I took a deep breath, hoping it would somewhat lift the thick pressure on my chest a little as I was insanely stressed out. You always have one test you know you're going to fail and especially when you're going to have to make exams as important as these, a simple; ''You did your best and that's all you could do'' wasn't going to help in the slightest. I'm a perfectionist with a fear of failure so I couldn't help but stress myself out over something like this.

Maybe I just wanted to make my dad feel proud after everything that had happened. The whole situation with Levi was still lingering around the room whenever I was home, a thick tension was felt whenever my dad and I were in the same space and it felt horrible. I couldn't talk to him, whenever I said a word to him he simply replied with a 'yes' a 'no' or an 'I have no idea'. I couldn't get through him anymore, he was still disappointed and it made me feel awful.

Even Hina's words couldn't reach him nor help the situation. I had overheard their conversations a few times, but my dad's opinion of me and Levi simply wouldn't change. Hina told him our ages weren't that far apart, that Levi isn't my teacher anymore and that I'm hopefully going to graduate soon anyway, but it wasn't enough to change my father's mind. When I tried to invite him for dinner to talk everything out so things could hopefully run a little smoother between the two of us, he simply told me I have to study for my exams and that my school career is more important than the relationship between father and daughter.