thirty-eight

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHTA DEATH OF A HERO PART 2

A DEATH OF A HERO PART 2

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Wanda was by the sibling's side in an instant

Wanda was by the sibling's side in an instant. The woman stopped to hug Rigel in greeting as they hadn't seen one another since the accords. She red-haired woman then turned to the oldest there. "Antares." She smiled, a hand outstretched towards the said woman.

"You know, I'm now five years older than you." Antares smiled up at the red-head. Rigel smiled at the pair, knowing how much Wanda had missed his sister when she had left. She had lost so much due to the battle in Sokovia, and losing Antares had been as hard in her as it was for him.

"Shut up." Wanda let out a laugh. Wanda heaved the woman to her feet.

"Are you okay?" Antares asked.

"I will be. We have the battle to win."

"That we do."

"Damn, just gonna leave me like that?" Rigel asked the two women before him. Wanda smiled kindly down at the boy, them sharing a greeting since they hadn't seen each other since the sakovian accords ordeal.

"I'll see you again in a minute, okay?" She smiled at her brother, a hand on his shoulder as she hesitated.

"Get going before that gauntlet is toast." He pushed her aside as Steve urgently spoke into the coms, Peter needing backup as he was surrounded.

"Take care!" She called.

"I always do." He mumbled in reply as he turned, fighting every urge in his body to turn back and help Peter.

Rigel continued to fight the monsters attacking their compound in the thousands. He noticed Wanda and Antares flying far a front, being the primary attack source with their long-range and manipulation abilities. Valkyrie was taking to the sky and smashing down the Leviathans that flew above.

A powerful blast rocketed the ground. For a second, Rigel had believed one of Thanos' ships were firing again. But he soon realised that it was their primary mode of transport. Thanos had destroyed the quantum tunnel by throwing his double-edged blade into the mechanics. Rigel felt at a loss as Peter made his way to his side, the boy taking his hand momentarily as they mourned their loss. The gauntlet was lying on the ground, ready for the taking. The two boys were nowhere near the fight, and they couldn't do anything but watch as Loki took a running start towards the titan and sent a blast of green energy towards the Titan.