twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINETITAN

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
TITAN

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

"What the hell happened to this planet?" Peter Quill spoke up, his team mates naming him Star-Lord, however Rigel thought that to be the dumbest name he had ever heard

"What the hell happened to this planet?" Peter Quill spoke up, his team mates naming him Star-Lord, however Rigel thought that to be the dumbest name he had ever heard. Quill was walking around the planet, Titan, with a small glowing amber coloured orb. Rigel had no idea what it was, but it seemed to have been giving him information about the planet.

Rigel turned to Peter, making sure he kept a close eye on the boy. If there was one thing Rigel didn't want, was to lose him on a planet that wasn't his own. He didn't want to lose Peter full stop.

Lately, Rigel had been finding out things about himself, one of them being that he really like Peter. Like really liked him. The word love had come to mind on a couple of occasions where the two boys had been alone, them laughing over something silly as they watched a movie sitting together on the one bed, or when he helped Peter and a Ned re-build the LEGO Death Star and Ned had left to go to the toilet, Rigel leaning over to grab a piece of LEGO while leaning over Peter, their eyes meeting. In that moment, Rigel was sure that he would've kissed the boy, that was if he hadn't heard the voice of Barron Strucker telling him that 'love was weak'.

Love was weak.

The love and fear he had for Peter and the empathy he now held upon life was what had stopped him from freeing Peter earlier from Quill's grasp. But he also remembered Natasha telling him once that learning to love and trust in others is the hardest thing to achieve, but it's the most rewarding thing (other then crushing the souls of your enemy's).

"It's eight degrees of its axis." Quill concluded, however Rigel could tell that something terrible had happened and it was most likely by Thanos' hand. The place was an absolute dump, there was no living thing here. However, the air was breathable, so that was a plus. "Gravitational pull is all over the place."

Peter lightly slapped Rigel in the stomach to gain his attention. As Rigel looked over at the boy, wondering what it was that he wanted, he saw his red gloves hand pointing towards Mantis, a pretty fitting name for the young girl with antane. The two boys watched in amusement as she bounced in the one spot, thanks to the gravitational pull having pockets.