twenty-seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENTHE FLYING C(ARPET)LOAK?

THE FLYING C(ARPET)LOAK?

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

Rigel crept along the inside of the donut shaped ship just in front of Peter, the boy following close behind as they watched Thanos' Child, Ebony Maw, poke shark glass like spears along the wizard's body, keeping him suspended in mid air

"In all the time I've served Thanos..." Ebony Maw spoke as he turned, sensing the wizard was awake. "I have never failed him." The alien creature walked towards the wizard, leaving a threateningly small space between the two faces as he made his threats, "If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the time stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person... there would be judgment."

Rigel looked down to the floor below in which he could see Tony watching with slight disgust. He still was none the wiser of Rigel and Peter also being on board the ship, the two having both decided to tag along for two completely different reasons.

The sharp, glass-like spears moved at Ebony Maw's will, piercing the wizards face. The wizards skin lit up around the room like a bruised constellation, one that you can only see in pictures that were taken by a microscopic lens. They were found in books littered around his room, space fascinating the boy far more then the idea of the imperial revolution.

"The stone." He ordered.

But Rigel was no longer listening, his ears having caught the faint sound of Tony's blasts activating before deactivating within a miller second. He looked down to see that it was caused by a cloak floating in mid air. There was something about the air aboard the ship that made Rigel's mind believe that the wizards clock had a mind of its own. But magic carpets seemed a little far fetched.

"Wow, you're seriously one loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" Tony asked, the cloak which flurried. Rigel was too shocked about the idea of the cloak that he hadn't noticed Peter dangling down into the next level by a web.