thirty-three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEKILL THE KILLER

KILL THE KILLER

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Rigel sat at a table, a plate of whatever junk he could find in the kitchen in front of him

Rigel sat at a table, a plate of whatever junk he could find in the kitchen in front of him. He had already eaten a sandwich and cooked meats as he refused to let them put a drip in his arm. Not again. Never again.

The only people left alive were: Natasha, Steve, Bruce, Rhodey, a Racoon, Thor, Loki, Pepper, Carol, Kendal, Renaé, Tony, and Nebula. That was a lot less than what was supposed to be there.

"Oh, Nat. I love the hair, by the way," Rigel smiled at the blonde. Natasha smiled back at the kid.

"Yeah?" She smiled, patting the boy on the shoulder with sisterly love. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. All of you." Meaning everyone he had fought side by side with before changing side as he didn't want to have to be a teenage runaway. He was a terrible hero.

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to earth." Rhodey started as they stared at a holographic screen that displayed faces of their colleges -their family- that passed in the snap.

"World governments are in pieces." Nat continued. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did..." Nat pauses, gaining her voice back from a sob.

Rigel watched as Peter's school photo filled one of the screens and his heart clenched, a soft sob leaving his lips. He quickly looked away, Renaé's hand on his back. He wasn't hungry anymore.

"He did exactly what he said he was gonna do." Nat finished. "Thanos whipped out 50% of all living creatures." Kendal and Carol held hands as Fury filled the screen, it was Rigel's turned to hold Renaé but she held herself together well. Like a trained assassin.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked, watching Rigel as Anatres smiling face filled the screen.

"We don't know." Steve answered. "He just opened a portal and walked through."