thirty-two

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWOSTARVATION

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
STARVATION

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Tony sat across the blue half-robot half-human lady on board of the Milano

Tony sat across the blue half-robot half-human lady on board of the Milano. They were playing paper football, Tony teaching the girl good sportsman ship while Rigel sat in one of the chairs watching as they sat in the middle of the galaxy. It sure was beautiful, if it weren't for the fact that they were all dying.

22 days. 22 days in this hell hole. Rigel, Tony and Nebula had all been trying their best to fix the ship, to keep it afloat. It was no use, they couldn't fix it. This ship was falling to pieces and they were dying. Rigel's once joking manner was now one of sorrow and contempt. He was ready to die. He had lost everything.

"Hey, Sport." Tony patted the boy on the shoulder, having finished his game, Nebula winning. Rigel's eyes stayed trained on the stars but his chin poked up, showing the man he had his attention. "Your rations." He handed a small foiled bag towards the boy.

"No." He sighed, pushing the rations away from his face. Finally turning around to face the man he looked at like a father. "No, you're in need of it more."

Tony's once muscular slim frame was now withering away, his bones noticeable through the thin layer of skin across his cheeks. Rigel, on the other hand, had only lost muscle mass. Being the science experiment that he was, came with slight perks, one of them being his regenerative healing and invulnerability. He could last a hell of a lot longer without food than Tony ever could.

"Rigel..." his voice was stern, but the boy could hear the crack in his voice. They were all dealing with the loss of their friends,, the fact that they were going to die on this ship tomorrow. "Just take it."

"I'm sorry, I won't do that." He shook his head. Tears brimming in both their eyes as they looked at one another's foreign builds.

They had one day left. It didn't matter whether Rigel age or Tony ate. By tomorrow, their oxygen would run out and they'd be gone. At least then, Rigel could join his family. At least then he'd no longer have to live by himself. All alone.