ten

CHAPTER TENHOLIDAYS

CHAPTER TEN
HOLIDAYS

[ SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING ]

Rigel was put on probation for 6 months, meaning that during the holidays he had no 'hero privileges' and couldn't touch his uniform, heck! He couldn't even look at it

Rigel was put on probation for 6 months, meaning that during the holidays he had no 'hero privileges' and couldn't touch his uniform, heck! He couldn't even look at it. That's how well Tony had hidden it away from the boy. However, he did stay true to what he said, Tony still came and visited the boy to see how he was going every time he dropped Peter back off at Queens after a 'mentorship program' based activity. It was a good coverup, people already thought Rigel was in a mentorship with the millionaire due to Tony so frequently coming to the school.

Over the holidays, Rigel had made it his best effort to hang out with his friends. He loved them all so much and hated how in the previous years, he'd have to cancel on them. At least this time he had a chance to be an ordinary child. His school holidays were filled with laughter and enjoyment. Rigel couldn't even begin to remember the last time he had enjoyed himself that much, though there was still that worry about what was to happen to the others and where they were. He knew Scott and Clint were on house arrest and the others were nowhere to be seen.

It also turned out that Renaé was a lot closer with Liz and her group of friends then Rigel was lead on to believe. One day, early into the holidays, Renaé took her foster brother out to bowling with them. At first, the boy hated it, he hated Flash so much and any time spent with him was disastrous, but over time, Flash seemed to pull back on the bullying.

Rigel could tell why.

He found out pretty early into that night that Flash had been flirting with Renaé the whole time they were together. Turns out, Flash just wanted to be in the good books with his, hopefully, future girlfriend. That and he was interested in what Rigel had to say about the Avengers after working for the Tony Stark for so long.

But when school hit again, it was a nightmare. Peter's 'internship' had come to an end and with that, he was given back his suit and it meant that Rigel was halfway through his probation which seemed to just go on forever and ever.

Going back to school wasn't fun, either. People either picked on you or walked the opposite way. Rigel hadn't really noticed just how alone Peter really was until coming back to see him only ever hanging out with Ned unless one of the members of his -equally as small- friendship group asked them to join, though Liz tended to join the group more as debate season was starting up.

Rigel didn't understand why Peter always hesitated to sit with them, he always tried to walk the opposite way or seem to stutter quite a bit, and after seeing him as Spider-Man, Rigel knew that Peter was a loud and energetic boy, so why was Peter Parker any different? Rigel couldn't say much though, since knowing of Peter's identity, he was careful around the boy, trying to not get caught out.

He'd keep to coloured clothes, wouldn't wear black and when Renaé joked about the idea of having a masquerade homecoming, he freaked. Renaé thought it was hilarious, Rigel did not.

But Rigel noticed a change in Peter, he was constantly clock watching and always leaving school the earliest he possibly could, though he knew why. Rigel wouldn't lie, he always felt a little jealous when he saw the infamous web shooter around town. The fact that Peter got to keep his suit while Rigel wasn't even allowed to ask about his without getting a million questions back, upset the boy greatly.

Though, he dealt with it the best he could and decided this year he would become a better person. The weight of losing his last true family was lifting off his shoulders, causing him to only focus on the positives in life and less on the negatives. Tina and Ethan telling him that he has changed, that they liked the new Rigel more, but they were worried.

Renaé was okay, she knew that there wasn't anything to worry about, but that was because they had no secreted. They lived together and her mother was an ex-member of SHIELD, a very valued and trusted ex-member. They knew of all 'hero' related topics, they now even knew of Peter, much to Renaé's surprise.

But Tina and Ethan were kept in the dark. None of them knew of the secrete heroes in their school. They knew nothing of Rigel's past. All they knew is that his parents died in a car crash and his older sister recently passed away, leaving him in foster care where Renaé's mother took him in.

Rigel hated not being able to tell them anything. But he knew it was for the best. The more people who knew, the more chance his secret identity would be caught out. But now that they were starting a new school year, who knew what could happen or what type of secrets could be revealed.

(note!)

this is just a little filler to show the passing of time before we get into the actual storyline. enjoy!