two

CHAPTER TWO HERO'S DON'T DO SCHOOL

CHAPTER TWO
HERO'S DON'T DO SCHOOL

[ CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR ]

"I swear to the holy spirits above us, if you're late to school one more time!" Kendal yelled from her spot in the kitchen, the boy known as her foster son was still in his room on his phone while she and her daughter were waiting to be driven to ...

"I swear to the holy spirits above us, if you're late to school one more time!" Kendal yelled from her spot in the kitchen, the boy known as her foster son was still in his room on his phone while she and her daughter were waiting to be driven to school.

"I'm coming!" He yelled back while finishing up his game then quickly putting on his shoes before rushing out with his bag on his back.

Renaé let out a quick laugh before placing a hand over her mouth to hold it in and Kendal just shook her head.

"The boy's a superhero and yet he still can't put on a shirt in the right way." She sighed shaking her head. The boy scowled and took a look at his shirt to see that it was indeed inside out.

His bag dropped to the floor with a thud and he quickly removed his shirt, putting it in the right way before putting it back on.

"Really? Right in front of my salad!" The girl joked while The boy sent her a rude finger as Kendal was turned to grab her car keys.

"Rigel Jeremiah Proudstar, if you're putting your finger up, I'll break you." Rigel quickly dropped his hand and picked up his backpack sending the woman an innocent smile.

"Whatever do you mean?" He faked innocence.

"Get in the car, the pair of you." She huffed making sure the two kids left the house first before she turned around to lock up. The two continued to bicker, this time it was for the front seat but as soon as the car was unlocked, Renaé quickly stole the seat.

"I can't believe you, it was my turn!" Rigel yelled, his mouth hanging open in complete disgust and betrayal.

"Your turn my arse! You got it last time, get in the fucking car!" She yelled back at the boy with her window rolled down.

"Watch your mouth!" Her mother snapped back at her, "You're not too old to be slapped over the head yet."

And with that final warning, Kendal left the apartment parking lot and took the two to their school, Midtown School of Science and Technology or more commonly known as Midtown High School. Rigel only had Tony to thanks in his excelled smarts for the science while his foster mother being an ex S.H.E.I.L.D agent also helped.

The two were dropped off at school and went to their lockers which were situated next to each other, two people resting their backs along the cool metal surface as they chattered away. One of the two, the boy with dusty brown coloured hair, turned to the two approaching and gave a large grinning smile.

"Hey! They're not late!" He called, raising a hand to great them, the girl next to him turned giving he two foster siblings a big toothy grin.

"Wow, Proudstar. I'm a little impressed." She joked. The two backing away from the lockers allowing the two to get to their lockers.

"Nice to see you guys as well." Rigel laughed.

"Hey guy, how was your weekend?" Renaé asked the two after grabbing her books, making small talk with their best friends.

"Ethan here decided it was a great idea to go bowling." The boy named Ethan gave the brunette a bashful smile before muttering to the girl to stop talking.

"Tiana, you promised you wouldn't mention this. It's embarrassing!"

Rigel having listened to part of the conversation quickly turned, slamming his locker shut with a smirk sent Ethan's way, "Oh, now I'm all ears."

"Tiana!" Ethan groaned, annoyed now that there was no way out of it.

"So, Ethan called me up saying that we should take my little sister bowling... we rocked up to the place... it wasn't a bowling alley." She sighed with a slight smile. The two foster siblings eyes widened in realisation, Renaé's hand going to cover her mouth while Rigel let out a choked laugh.

"Don't tell me... don't tell me he took you and your 6-year-old sister lawn bowling!" Rigel laughed, trying to regain his breath.

"There were old people everywhere!" Tiana laughed, nodding.

"I tried to get us out of there!" Ethan tried, speaking up. He raised his black hood over his head to hide from shame, "but they wouldn't let us leave!"

"Turns out, Ethan didn't know the difference between Lawn Bowling and actual bowling." Tiana stifled a giggle. "We're just lucky he's not old enough to drive, he couldn't even give the right direction."

"Whatever you do, do not give this boy a licence, who knows how many accidents he'd have." Rigel said pointing to the two girls looking them dead in the eye, "Never let him go for his licence."

"Okay Rigel, that's enough! What happened to the bro code?" Ethan tried, slapping the boy's hand down.

"Bro, I ain't know no code." Rigel laughed as the bell chimed for them to head off to class, "On that note, bye!" And he slowly backed away, bumping right into an oncoming student.

"Rigel!" The feminine voice of MJ spoke up.

"Look, Bra... that shits on you." He said and quickly sidestepped the girl who previously had her head down in a book.

"I guess his social outcast radar has gone a little hazy," Ethan spoke up giving MJ an apologetic smile, "See you at break?"

"Sure, later losers." She growled, leaving the three remaining members of Rigel's short list of friends, heading to class.

The three watched on before Tiana spoke up, ending the silence. "Damn what I would do to get a piece of that."

"You wouldn't even get close." Renaé piped up before taking the girl by the elbow and walking away to class, leaving a confused Ethan behind.

"Wait... I have class with Rigel!" Ethan spoke aloud before turning to where his only guy friend had disappeared to, "Why does he always do that?!"

Rigel had been halfway through his lessons for the day before his phone burst to life within his back pocket of his jeans, pulling it out he'd seen that he had received several messages.

Tony:
Hey, kid. Coming to pick you up from school early, some Avenger business has popped up.

Kendal:
Honey, you don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable, you remember that okay.
Make sure this is something you want to do before signing anything, you're under 18 so, legally I have to be with you if you do decide on signing.

Tony:
So do I have to sign you out or something? Surely you're old enough to just leave on your own.

Kendal:
Honey, answer the phone for our lovely Tony Stark, he's annoying me.

"Rigel Proudstar, to the principal's office. I repeat; Rigel Proudstar to the principles office now, please." The p.a system came to life signalling his departure from the class.

The teacher at the front sighed before looking to Rigel and excusing him, Ethan was watching him collect his stuff with a questioning look.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, Everything is fine. I'm just needed by work, you know." He sighed.

Rigel quickly left the classroom and went straight to the office where he saw Tony standing with sunnies on his face despite being indoors with a scowl on his face, "I hate school." Was all he said before walking off, Rigel having to follow with a roll of his eyes.