thirty-five

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVEGOODBYE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
GOODBYE

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

Rigel wasn't okay, he was far from it

Rigel wasn't okay, he was far from it. Morgan was now a year and a couple of months old. It had been so long since he could find any type of joy that didn't come from the small Stark child. He was her big brother and he loved her dearly. It had been so long since he had any ounce of control over his mental well-being.

He frequently babysat the small child whenever Tony and Pepper went out for dates and he taught the girl all the names of his friends and even subjected the 14 month old to Star Wars cartoons. Mostly he did so because he knew that Peter loved Star Wars, and the live actions weren't exactly for children. He also realised that the further you got into the television shows, the more their target audience grew in age, but she didn't seem to mind. She probably didn't even understand what was being shown.

It was one sunny afternoon when Rigel was on the front porch playing with coloured blocks, stacking them in a castle formation while Morgan babbled and pushed them down. The coloured blocks spilling everywhere when Rigel realised something wasn't right.

'Igle, Piggy piggy!" The girl cried, raising her arms with her hands in grabby motions. Although Morgan was speaking small words and could crawl on her own, walk with the help of a bench or something to lean on, she still couldn't quite pronounce her 'R's.

"No, I gave you a piggy back ride earlier." He laughed lightly as she furrowed her brows and made puppy dog eyes at the boy. She really wanted that piggy back ride.

"Piggy!" She huffed.

"I said no." He copied her, huffing as he crossed his arms and started to place the coloured block up again. She pushed them down.

"Piggy!" She cried. "Pwease."

"If you say sorry for knocking down my blocks then I'll consider it." He propositioned the toddler.