twenty-five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEJUST FRIENDS

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
JUST FRIENDS

[ SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING ]

Rigel walked along the school halls with a heavy heart

Rigel walked along the school halls with a heavy heart. He and Renaé had recently been informed about Liz having to move school's due to her father's recent conviction. He never really realised that he had friends that he cherished, sometimes he believed that he could walk away from Midtown at any moment and be perfectly okay, however, he was far from correct.

Rigel's once stoic and hardened outer apperance came crumbling down while he watched as the two dark skinned girls cried, clinging to each other as if this was their last hug out front of the teachers lounge while Liz's mother was grabbing her items. Tears spread from his eyes to his cheeks as he sniffled, whipping away the tears that escaped to his cheeks to hide the sadness.

"Rigel, you're crying?" Liz managed to croak out in sympathy as she looked over Renaé's shoulder at the boy from the sound of his sniffles.

"I'm not crying." He huffed, glaring at his sister for making him feel saddened by Liz leaving across country, they weren't even that close of friends, but he had come to get used to her and Renaé's constant bickering.

"Come here." She whispered out, opening up her arms for Rigel to join in on the hug.

"I can't, it'll ruin my reputation." He joked, rolling his eyes to try and stop the tears as the two girls laughed half heartedly at him before Rigel finally joined the hug. "I am so sorry, Liz."

"It's okay, you have nothing to be sorry for... well, other then totally blowing me off for the school dance." She commented, adding in the last part with sarcasm dripping off every word. The three pulled away from the hug, the two girls taking in a deep breath while Rigel put on a dashing smile, whipping away the tears with his baby blue hoodie.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He sighed.

"It's okay, did you and Peter make up?" She asked, Rigel rolled his eyes at the question, the smile never leaving his lips before his eyes met with the very same boy they were talking about whom stood by Ned in the middle of the hall.