twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOLIZ'S FATHER

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
LIZ'S FATHER

[ SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING ]

Over the next week, Kendal and Renaé were both working hard in order to ready Rigel for the school dance since he had not been apart of something quite like this before and he was also missing that male role model to help

Over the next week, Kendal and Renaé were both working hard in order to ready Rigel for the school dance since he had not been apart of something quite like this before and he was also missing that male role model to help. Kendal had joked the idea that perhaps Renaé's father could help, but Rigel was quick to decline that courteous offer.

He had already gotten a grey suit with black polishable shoes. Though he recently bought a satin red shirt to wear beneath the coat and hoped that the crimson material matched with Liz's dress. Renaé, having gone dress shopping with the girl, said that the colours were very complementary. Whether that meant they were the same or of a similar spectrum, he wasn't exactly sure about.

Dancing came relatively easy for Rigel, which came to no surprise. Hydra was not known for their art of dance abilities when teaching their weapons to fight, but Rigel's biological birth mother lived to dance and in turn, his sister took her place once she passed away. It was something he enjoyed, it made him feel close to his family and when he closed his eye, he could picture them as they smiled down upon him adoringly. He really did miss his family.

•••

"Not half bad." Renaé had commented from the boys bedroom door as he looked at the mirror, trying to make the coat and shirt sit so that you couldn't see his suit under the material. As much as Rigel was enjoying his life as a teenager, he felt as though something was to go wrong tonight and he'd need the quick change.

"You don't look half bad, yourself." Rigel smiled as he turned around to face his sister wearing a floral pink dress that was longer in the back. "You're beautiful." Though the smiled faltered as he looked back at himself in the mirror.

"Are you okay?" She asked, stepping forward so that he could see her through the mirror. She could tell by the crease in his forehead that Rigel was hurting.

"It's just... I can't help but wish Antares was here. I miss her." He sighed, as he looked back into the mirror, he could almost make out his sisters smiling face replacing that of Renaé's as the girls hand rested upon his shoulder. Antares had been his only remaining blood, she had been with him through thick and thin. It was hard continuing on in life and making many mistakes without being able to fall back on her. She always held a bit of wisdom that seemed to make any situation better. He could really use some of that now with Peter.