chapter six

Angela's POV

"Homework or practice first?" I asked Brett.

"Of course homework. I wouldn't want to to get killed by my teachers." answered Brett. "Asides from practice, musicians need to do homework as well!"

"True though, I don't even see the point of doing them when we are not even going to study it anyways." I said, taking out the assignments assigned.

Brett and I then started doing our respective assignments, and albeit a quiet atmosphere, it is quite a special experience for me. We stared at each other, blushing slightly, and continued with our work. This kind of cycle maintained like, forever, and none of us seemed to mind it. Instead, we're kind of enjoying it. 

Suddenly we heard a loud noise coming out from nowhere and in came the person I did not want and did not hope to meet. Darius. 

I was praying like crazy, hoping that he would not be able to find me, so I tried to call Brett, who was immersed in his logarithm assignment, to attention, suggesting we should move away to somewhere else where he wouldn't be able to see us.

"Brett! Brett!" I said. "Darius' here!"

"Don't worry Angie. I will protect you from him. You do your share of work, and I know what to do." said Brett, giving me an assuring smile. 

Is he sure he would be doing this? Like both of them have a huge contrast! Darius seemed to be way stronger than him. What if Brett involves himself into a physical fight with him? 

"Are you sure? He's not that easy to-"

But it was too late.

"Oh hey Angela!" said Darius, and I rolled my eyes slightly before facing him.

"Hello Darius. What do you want from me again?" I asked. "Tell me quickly so that I could resume working. I still have lots to do, unlike you-know-who, who is that carefree."

"Why are you so worked up against me?" asked Darius. "I'm just simply saying a hello! Is that even a problem?"

Brett's POV

Although I may have seen some other guys having a similar behaviour as Darius', but I could tell that he should be one of the phoniest boys I had ever met in my life. I can tell why Angela hates him. Because he clearly has the intention on trying to get back into her life again, despite he's the one who hurt her into pieces!

And promising that I would protect her from Darius, I decided to risk myself by voicing out. 

"Angela is really busy with her work at the moment so she wouldn't be talking to you. And don't you also have homework? We still have lots to complete." I asked. 

But Darius ignored my comment and headed right over to Angela's, glancing at her piece of work. 

"Oh logarithms! That's something I'm good at. Perhaps I could help you out with it! Would you like that?" asked Darius with a fake smile plastered on his face.

Angela shook her head no and continued to work. 

"Darius we also have work to complete and stop being a busybody and mind your own business!" I said, slightly raising my voice. "Not only you're interfering with Angela but you're also disturbing me!"

"Then can we at least work together?" asked Darius.

"No." we said in unison.

"Why not?"

"Because you're distracting us. Both Angela and I are dumb in maths and we need a quiet place to figure out how to do it. So would you please, just leave?" asked Brett.