chapter thirteen

(a/n: if I'm allowed to name chapters, then I'd most probably name this chapter eddy to the rescue.)

Eddy's POV

I should have came out earlier, I thought to myself.

I was in the scene, all along. I was there before Angela, Darius and Melani arrived, since I was just simply going there for some fresh air. So I knew what exactly happened to both Angela and Brett. But the moment I wanted to come out, Ms. Hahn stepped right in before I could, so I just decided to hide behind the elevator to watch the scene unfold. 

I should have stopped Darius just in time and comforted Brett afterwards. But I can't because I was trying to save down the evidence I needed. I had a footage of everything that happened. There would be sufficient evidence about what actually happened. For now, the video would be safely saved inside my phone and no one would know about it at the moment.

Since what happened today automatically meant cancelling the practice session, I decided to ask Brett out not only to release his frustration, but also to buy some rosin together because ours was used up. 

purrfett pizz boy

eddy: hey, do you want to hang at the mall?

I was not expecting a reply since I knew Brett must be down in the dumps so I decided to turn off my phone and walk around. But then, Brett texted me right away. 

purrfett pizz boy: now?

eddy: yeah i need some rosin 

eddy: and u know, mb talk abt what happened earlier?

purrfett pizz boy: sure yes please i need someone to talk to

I changed into my outfit and headed outside to the mall, waiting for Brett to arrive. He arrived shortly after and it was indeed heartbreaking to see Brett being so torn, so broken and so blank. He must be really hurt from what happened. Damn you, Darius. I can't wait to beat you up soundly the next time I saw you because not only you hurt my best friend, but also HIS potential lover. And also my girlfriend. 

We walked in awkward silence, talking absolutely nothing on the way. He maintained his deadpan face all along, refusing to even talk to me. After buying the rosin, we decided to walk around the mall for a few more hours. 

"Brett, do you want to get some ice cream?" I asked, trying to cheer him up. Luckily, he nodded and agreed to it. So we headed to an ice cream parlour nearby and went to have a seat on the open space of the mall, breathing in the fresh air, listening to the sounds of laughter of children romping around the space, birds chirping continuous A flats and to enjoy our ice cream in silence.

"Eddy," said Brett, speaking for the first time ever since the moment we hung out. "I'm such a failure." 

"No," said Eddy. "Not at all. You are not a failure, and you are so much better than how you describe yourself."

"If I'm not then Angela would not have chosen her ex back!" said Brett, frustrated. "Eddy, from the moment I first saw her, I was initially skeptical about her because you know, I was wounded from the relationship I had with Venus before. And that's also why I went back to Taiwan for a year, you know that right? But then when I saw Angela, and got to know her, I figured out that we have a lot in common and I felt like I had fallen in love with her before I could even get to realise it. That's why I kind of - no, went REALLY overboard when I was with her. We hugged, we slept together, I even lent her clothes, and not to mention those subtle flirts I threw onto her whenever we're texting. I must have scared her away to the point where she decided to go back to Darius. And I understand that! That's all my fault, and I couldn't blame her for that. What I'm upset about is why I was taking up the proactive role in the relationship between Angela and I! She's been acting so awkwardly after yesterday!"