chapter fourteen

two weeks later

Angela's POV

Days without talking to Brett are mundane and excruciating. Both of us are pretty much avoiding each other right now and I couldn't help but to feel sad about it. A relationship that once bloomed bright like a flower was slowly coming to a doom. 

It was as if the friendship between Brett and I is a flower. But I could see the petals of it, slowly fading its colour, slowly crumbling, and wilting. I couldn't bear to see this beautiful relationship die. I really wanted to revive its colours by approaching Brett, but then he always seems to be preoccupied with either his schoolwork or his violin. Plus, Brett is probably mad at me right now. 

-

I was at my locker, putting on an extra layer of my Very Cherry lip tint until my locker door is suddenly slammed shut. And right in front of me stood Melani, showing off a really devious smirk. 

"Melani? Can't you see I'm glossing?" I asked. "And why are you doing this? I bet you're too bored to the point where you started to fiddle around with people's lockers, am I right?"

She then batted her brows and narrowed her eyes at me. 

"Seriously what's your problem, Angela? It's not my fault that Brett hates you now. Oh, poor you!" said Melani, fake crying. "Why are you so pathetic to the point where you literally blame me for losing Brett as a friend? I saw it with my eyes that you are kissing Darius so passionately and warmly as if you two are boyfriends and girlfriends. But excuse me? Darius is MY boyfriend now, not YOURS! So go get a life and stop moping for him!" 

I rolled my eyes and faked a friendly smile. "Oh really Melani? I saw you were there that day! And not to mention, you are the one who planned out the strategy. You were the one who asked Darius to kiss me so as to have Brett misunderstand that I got back with Darius. But excuse me? Where on earth did you have the audacity to say that I'M the one who stole YOUR boyfriend despite you're the mastermind of everything?" 

"Please Angela, I know you're just jealous because this handsome guy called Darius is my boyfriend and you're not reconciled on the fact that he's mine now! And I just can't believe that you would actually dump Brett for your ex who belongs to me now. I mean, why would he even pick a girl like you, pathetic and ugly, acting like a wannabe all along?"

"Seriously Melani, what had I done wrong? What did I do to you to make you hate me this much?" I asked. "I did nothing!"

"Oh are you sure?" asked Melani. "Then how would you explain you slapping Darius?" 

"What has the action of me slapping Darius to do with you? It's him! Not you!" I said. 

"But you slapped MY boyfriend and YOUR ex. And not to mention, you turned him down when he was trying to explain something to you." said Melani. "That's what you did to make me hate you so much." 

I'm not that type of person who usually gets angry, but then this Melani is really getting onto my nerves. 

"What the fuck Melani?" I asked, slightly raising my voice. "The reason I turned him down is because he already had you! He is already dating you! Why would I accept somebody who already has a girlfriend to be my boyfriend? And yet you have the audacity to tell me that you hate me because I rejected him. Now look who's the pathetic one! I'm seriously concerned about your brain though. Can you still think normally?"

She rolled her eyes. "No Angela, and I'm proud of that I couldn't think normally. Because, no ugly girls, like YOU is ever eligible to be even friends with Darius. I don't even know why did he pick you to be his girlfriend. Oh, perhaps you're too dumb to realise that he isn't into ugly pathetic girls like you before he chose me, the prettier one to be his princess."