chapter seven

Angela's POV

We romped, we laughed, we did quartets, we ate and we drank. It is indeed a good time, as it is spent with my cherished ones, Cynthia, Brett and Eddy, just chilling ourselves out, without having to be bothered by academic stress or Darius for a good while.

"Brett! Truth or dare?" asked Eddy as the bottle spun onto Brett's direction.

"Truth. But don't give me a bad one." said Brett, his deadpan face clearly on.

"Brett, do you have someone you like at the moment?" asked Eddy and Brett's face immediately turned into a deep shade of red, and so did mine. Does he really have somebody he like? If yes, I wonder who is she? Who is the lucky girl that would be loved by Brett?

I could tell he was about to open his mouth to say something, but instead he didn't he just kept his mouth shut and shook his head.

"I'll drink." he said, and he gulped down another shot of champagne, and I looked at him with surprise. He's been drinking the second shot and avoiding questions!

Brett's POV

Do you have someone you like at the moment?

Damn it! I told them not to give me a bad one! And yet the first thing he did, was this!

However, I really wanted to say yes. I really wanted to tell them. I really wanted to tell Angela that I have been crushing on her. And yes, I do have someone. And she is right next to me, who is laughing happily right now.

Should I say yes? Or should I lie? But given that I'm pretty much a bad liar, they could tell that I'm lying! Also, I don't want Angela to freak out. What if she is just treating me as a friend only? What if I get hurt again? I don't want that to happen. Albeit I trust that Angela is different from Venus, but I'm still skeptical on the thought of having a relationship, because I'm not prepared for it. But at the same time, I can't wait to start a relationship with her.

Yes, there actually is someone. I wanted to answer, but I'm so twisted up, I can't think of a good answer. So I decided to give it another shot.

"I'll drink," I said, as I gulped down another shot of champagne. It is already my second shot but I didn't really care.

Angela's POV

The game went on and on, but after a few rounds it starts to get a bit boring. So we decided to go on a restaurant nearby and dine in there. Mrs. Chen offered to drive the four of us, but Eddy nicely declined the offer and instead offered to drive us.

The drive was mostly nice, with the four of us chatting casually and happily, and jamming to different piano concertos in Eddy's car. Suddenly, Cynthia got bored and offered to change the songs played.

"Should we listen to some pop music too?" asked Cynthia. "I suddenly have a pop song in my head which makes me want to listen to it."

"Sure," said Eddy. "Let's listen to some." Only I swore Brett, sitting next to Eddy, slightly rolled his eyes. He isn't a big fan of pop music so I get why he feel this way.

"Awh come on Brett! It's just this time!" said Eddy.

"Fine," said Brett, giving in. "But only this time because it's your birthday."

By then the car is already ringing with music, making Cynthia, Eddy and I jam to the song happily, with Brett sitting there alone with a deadpan face, clearly not enjoying it. (A/N: Poor Brett :( )

Cocaine and drinkin' with your friends, you live in the dark, boy, I cannot pretend,

I'm not fazed, only here to sin, if Eve ain't in your garden you know that you can-