chapter nineteen

(a/n: we're nearing the end!)

3rd Person POV

In Germany

"I knew it. I fucking knew it! I knew there has to be someone she loves so that she calls off the marriage!" raged Mr. Liu as he saw the picture of Angela and Brett the chauffeur took. 

Mrs. Liu sighed. "What could she ever do if she marries him? He looks like nothing but a peasant."

"Such an unfilial daughter," he continued. "Then I'm afraid that we'll take further action." 

"But wait," said Mrs. Liu, checking her computer. "There's a new email! Where could the email be from?" 

to: marshalliu@liuholdings.com

from: chenbae

Dear Marshal and Rachel, 

I would like to invite you over to discuss a deal with you in consideration with your previous achievements, as well as a personal matter which involves your family this Wednesday. Please be prompt.

Yours Sincerely,

ChenBae Inc. 

"A new business deal from ChenBae!" said Mr. Liu. "That's a big company!"

"I wonder what they want from us," said Mrs. Liu. "But it said a personal matter involving our family. If it's about Angela's marriage then we're calling it off, aren't we?"

"Perhaps not," said Mr. Liu. "Say yes first then we'll see what they actually offers us. We'll be back on Wednesday anyways." 

-

Angela's POV

"We'll be meeting Jason's uncle tomorrow." I said. "Do you want to come with me?"

"Oh sure," said Brett. "Although that meant extra time for practice,"

"We all have. I have extra time for practice TOO so you're not alone Bertie." I said, poking his chest. 

"Stop calling me Bertie!" said Brett. "I hate this name!"

"Alright alright." I said. "Now let's see if we have any preparations we needed for tomorrow's meeting with his uncle." 

jason

jmoriiii: hey angela you're meeting my uncle tmr right? it'd be the best to bring brett along with you. there isn't anything specific you need to wear/bring, just wear casually and tell them everything. gd luck! 

angela: okay thanks jason! good night!

jmoriiii: goodnight~ ^^

"There isn't anything you need to bring," I reported. "Now since we've finished homework and practice. Should we study some biology before we go to bed?" 

"Sure," said Brett as he took out his biology books. 

-

The big day

"Good luck, Angela!" said Cynthia as today is the day where Brett and I get to meet Jason's uncle. "Waiting for your good news!"

"Thanks Cynnie! This is more wrenching and nerve wrecking than going for an interview!" I replied. "Holy shit I'm nervous!"

"Don't be," said Eddy. "We're rooting for you no matter what. Besides, they're nice!" 

"Okay," I finally said. Deep breaths, deep breaths. It's going to be fine. Everything is going to be fine!