chapter twelve

(A/N: It is highly recommended to play Love Dream by Liszt when you're reading this chapter. Or, you could play Heart To You (BGM from The Great Seducer). I feel like the BGM quite matches the mood of this chapter so here y'go :D)

Brett's POV

I was hurt, and confused. It was as if moments ago, you're happily chatting with her and ready to meet her, and confess your truest feelings to her. But then, everything changed when she decided to get back with her ex. 

Half disappointed and angry, I turned away when I saw Angela trying to plead me to listen to her explanation. I should have seen the despair and hopeless in her eyes but I was so taken aback by what was happening in front of me. I could not process my mind well so I turned away before I could listen to her say a word. 

I couldn't believe the fact that my closest female friend for now, betrayed me. I just felt disappointed and heartbroken. The relationship between us, the awaiting magical journey ahead between just the two of us, are instantly being snapped off by reality. And the harsh reality is the fact that all over this time, she still prefers Darius over me, albeit I have pleaded to keep her away from her cruddy ex.

But I mean, it is understandable. I knew she has a reason why she had to do this. It's all my fault, that I've been taking up the proactive role in this relationship, while being unable to conceal the fact that I love her, which is also the thing that have scared her away from me. I've invited her over just days before we met, and we've slept on the couch together although we're not yet official, and all those subtle flirts I threw on her in our texts... She must have been startled from my behaviour and left me because of this. It is understandable because if I were her, I would do the same. 

I also understand, that in terms of appearances or skills, it must be really mundane for her to date someone who has the same personality, same interests with me. She must have chosen Darius over me at the end because of that. Also, I know I'm not enough for her. Yes, Darius always call me a sick nerd, but I totally get why he made this comment. Because I really do look like one. And that's also the reason why Angela prefers Darius over me at the end. 

Darius is more handsome and sporty, and he's more cheerful and outgoing. I mean, every girl would be attracted to him. 

I sighed, I checked my phone to see what time is it, but then I was notified with lots of notifications.

Notifications

[ Phone ] 10 missed calls from angeladummy <3

[ Messages ] 15 unread messages from angeladummy <3

[ Messages ] 2 unread messages from cynthia

[ Snapchat ] You received 3 unopened snaps!

[ Instagram ] [@brettybang:] eddy_adventure, angelaxliu, cynthiaaaax are following on Instagram. Go and click onto her profile.

Angela's been calling me non stop, and she's been sending me loads of texts, and I couldn't bear to bring myself to read it, or answer to her calls. But since our relationship is so messed up, I decided it is the best for me to avoid her at the moment. It's the best way for the both of us.

I sighed and slightly blinked back tears. It really hurts to know that somebody you love a lot deep down, have dumped you behind and went back to her ex. The pain is indescribable. I'm a person who rarely cries, but then this time, I was so hurt by the rejection that I slowly sat down and cried like a baby.  

Suddenly, I saw a tissue being handed to me and I raised my head, to see Ms. Hahn, my favourite teacher of all time. I quickly wiped off my tears and tried to act like I'm fine.