chapter nine

Angela's POV

The next morning

I slowly opened my eyes, to realise I wasn't in my bed. Why the hell am I lying down on the couch? Did I somehow fell asleep staring at the ceiling for like countless hours?

Wait, that doesn't seem right. I felt the sounds of heartbeat coming from the place where I was laying. A pillow won't usually have heartbeats, will they?

Then suddenly, everything started to make sense as I slowly came back to my senses. I was at home, then Brett called me over to his place. We practiced, we watched a movie and we-

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled out loud, to realise I was laying on his chest all along. This is so embarrassing! We aren't even dating, and yet we are already escalating to this point! Will I lose Brett as a friend? Will Brett be embarrassed and freak out because of this? Omigod what could I even do-

"You woke already!" he said, while slightly stroking my hair. "What are you holy shitting at?"

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Brett! I probably didn't realise that I've dozed off on you when we're watching the film together. I must be too tired from schoolwork and practice that I didn't realise that I fell asleep, because that's what's also happening to me when I'm at home. Please just- I'm very sorry Brett, for doing this to you. I know you'd probably hate me forever because of this and I totally get it! I'm very sorry for this" I rambled, because I was so embarrassed. But at the same time, I felt butterflies in my stomach too. What the hell?

"Oh THAT! It's alright." said Brett. "I mean, Eddy would do this to me too. These kinds of situations always happen to Eddy and I when he comes by for sleepovers. One thing, is that your sleeping face is much more prettier than Eddy's, and that's for sure-"

"That isn't helping!" I said. "Shit I shouldn't have and I'm sorry-"

"No no no it's alright, for real." said Brett. Although he proclaimed himself to be fine with it, I could tell he was blushing profusely at it. I mean, who wouldn't feel embarrassed because of this? "But, today's a school day, right? I guess we can walk to school together?" 

Oh right. Today's a Monday. Luckily, I'm prepared for that as I've brought with me some textbooks for the lessons today in my backpack last night just in case I want to study with him. But the problem, is my outfit. There's no way going to school with such a short skirt, right?

"Don't worry Ange, I'll have your problem sorted out." said Brett as he headed to his closet and to be returned with a high-neck Venus T-shirt for me to change in. "You can change into this. There's no way I'm letting you go like this because I don't know which pervert or bastard could creep into you."

Brett giving me clothes to change into. What does he mean by that? I swear, by this point, my face is already flushing red like a tomato. Gosh, don't overthink Angela. He's probably treating you as if you're one of his best friends only, since I'm pretty sure he treats his friends the same way he treats me. He won't even fall for a pathetic girl like you, who is so disorganised and dressed up so messily especially when you're paying your first visit in Brett's apartment. Oh, perhaps you're prepared for the sleepover, because you're already bringing textbooks over. You're so prepared for such a scene, right?

Most importantly, I don't favour him. I don't like him either. 

Because I love him. But does he?

"Umm thanks?" I said, still blushing, failing to hide the shade of red on my face. "I'll wear this for today and return it to you after I wash it."

"No Angela, I think you'll look good in the shirt. Keep it." said Brett, who is also blushing. "Y'know, treat it as a gift for you from me."

What is this???????