chapter ten

(A/N: Or should I say... Chapter Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul? twosetterzens  (twosetter + nctzens) reading this book, you'll get what I mean ;) but anyways, things may go downfall D: )

Angela's POV

"OOOOOOH Really??" asked Cynthia once I told her everything that happened with Brett and I last night. I nodded.

"Angela! I'm pretty sure he sees you the same way. He gave you the shirt that is meant for his ex, and also, he even asked you to stay over!" said Cynthia. "From what you told me, he seems to really like you. It's quite obvious."

"Are you sure? What if he's just seeing me as one of his best friends only?" I asked skeptically. "And what if he's the next Darius Lin?"

"Trust me Angela, I'm sure he isn't." said Cynthia. "Thus, he's Eddy's best friend! You know Eddy has really high standards when it comes to making friends. If Brett's like Darius, then the two of them wouldn't have been best friends at the first place."

"True, it makes sense though." I said.

"Hey Angela," said Brett as he passed by my locker. "So...I may have something I wanted to tell you in private later on."

Cynthia looked at me excitedly, eyes filled with sparkles. I slightly jabbed her arm, hinting she's being too obvious.

"Is it okay if you could meet me at the rooftop garden of the school later at lunch...?" asked Brett.

My heart went on a full acceleration. What could it be? What if he really wants to confess to me, like Cynthia has said; or what if he wants to declare the end of the friendship after what happened yesterday? If it was, I wouldn't blame him for one bit. Because if I were him, I would want to end all this!

"Yea, sure." I said, nodding with him smiling. "I'll see you at lunch later perhaps?"

"Sure," said Brett, giving me a slight hug which made me slightly flinch. What does that even mean?

We've done everything. Talking. Hanging out alone. Slept together. Hugged. Now what's left?

As Brett left, Cynthia was already squealing happily.

"OMG ANGELA ARE YOU SURE HE'S NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU?" asked Cynthia. "I could tell! His face is literally red when he sees you! And not to mention- the hUg?"

"I don't know," I said, but deep down I was having butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Problem is, I'm in love with him. But then, I'm not sure whether or not Brett is. Although Cynthia claimed it to be really obvious, I'm still quite skeptical about it.

"Trust me, Angela. If he really turns you down, or if he really was ending things with you, even though the probability is very low, so what? You would have lots more chances in the future." said Cynthia.

-

"So please write a comparative essay on William Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew  and Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, discussing how the female characters are being manipulated in both set texts, and hand it to me by Thursday." said Mrs. Fraser, our Literature teacher.

"However there's good news and bad news on this. The good news is, you don't have to work all alone because you'll be working in pairs in order to reduce your workload. " she continued.

I groaned again. The 'good news' Mrs. Fraser mentioned sounded more like bad news to me. I HATE working in pairs and it's so much better to be working alone.

"But the bad news is, you will not be picking your own partners because I'm doing for you." said Mrs Fraser as she held out her cookie jar, filled with paper slips with our names written on it. "It would be done by drawing lots."