⧗ 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔜 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯 ❘ ɪɴʜᴇʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Tʜᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢᴇʀ sɪʙʟɪɴɢs' ᴘᴏssᴇssɪᴏɴs

"Come on," Nathan caught Y/N's hand, helping her up to her feet, "You alright?" he scanned her face for any injuries and his eyes dropped to the small gash on the back of her hip which was now exposed

Natasha had gone to check on Yelena, while Nathan found his sister sitting against a large chunk of broken machinery, leaning back on it as she caught her breath.

"Yeah," Y/N grunted, pulling out her glasses from the pocket of her suit and slipping it on her nose.

Pads of footsteps echoed on the ground, making the two turn around to see Yelena and Natasha walk towards them.

Y/N strode forward and met Yelena halfway, "Yelena! Are you okay? God, when I saw you jab your staves into the engine I freaked out. Are you injured in any—"

Yelena cut her short by grabbing Y/N's lower jaw and pressing their lips together in a bruising kiss. Both their eyes fluttered shut in an instant, brows furrowing as they melted into the kiss.

It was a way to express their lingering love for each other one last time. A way to tell that the moments they shared in the Red Room were running through their minds all these years. It was their first kiss after years, though at the same time it was a parting kiss.

"Yelena," Y/N broke the kiss first, "You know I can't—" her voice wavered, "You know I can't stay with you—"

"I know," she nodded understandingly, ignoring the pang of hurt in her heart, "I know. It's okay," she held her face with both her hands, "I'm glad we had the time that we did," she pulled her in for a tight hug, burying her nose into her hair, "I love you," the words slipped before she could stop herself, "You don't have to say it back—"

Y/N screwed her eyes close, two tears rolled down her left cheek, "I ya tozhe lyublyu tebya, lyubov' moya." (Translation: I love you too, my love)

Chuckling, Yelena pulled back to stare at her, "Your Russian is horrible."

"Rude," she shoved her playfully, "At least I'm not the one that's a flustered mess."

She rolled her eyes and adjusted Y/N's glasses for her by pushing them further up the bridge of her nose, making her scrunch her face.

Alisa, Alexie, and Melina walked towards the four, with the latter being supported by the former two. It seemed like she had on the open wound on her left thigh but still managed to limp over to the younger assassins.

"Everybody good?" Natasha questioned, standing next to Y/N while Yelena was next to Nathan.

"I am clearly injured," Melina replied bluntly.

"You got something to say?" she asked the man with the elder woman.

Alexei let out a breath, "I'd just mess it up,"

He reached over and his palm was met with Natasha's own, a silent way for apologizing for the mistakes he had admitted and hurt her in the past.

He next looked over to Y/N, who only nodded at him in acknowledgement and he seemed to ease up a little bit.