Chapter 65

"Calm down, we won't get in trouble."

-Henry urges as I hesitantly follow him into the dark outside.

"Henry, I really don't know about this. You don't have to try and "make it up for me", I'd just rather we just don't get in trouble at this point."

"Oh hush, You'll be fine, just hurry."

-He tries to reassure me as he continues to pull my hand deeper into the forbidden forest.

We begin to run as Henry tightens his grasp around my wrist.

Tom would hate this.

He urges me to run until we finally stop a few minutes later.

My lungs feel like they're going to collapse.

I bend my head down as Henry let's go of my wrist, my hands falling to my knees as I cough, trying to catch my breath.

"It wasn't that far, you're being a tad dramatic."

-Henry comments as he looks down at me.

"What did you bring me here for?"

-I ask, avoiding an argument.

"A ride."

-He replies, smirking at me as I stand up, finally able to catch my breath.

"A ride?"

-I ask, repeating his words.

From behind a tree, he pulls out a broomstick.

I stare at it in confusion, then back at Henry.

"It's a new edition, barely anyone has it."

-He exclaims, holding it up to show it off to me.

"Why did you hide it here? Why not your dorm?"

"The school doesn't allow them. They're too "dangerous"."

"I don't know much about broomsticks. I can barely ride one."

-I explain, feeling a bit dumb.

"It's fine. I'll be the one riding it, you'll be behind me."

"Henry I don't know about this-"

Before I can fully finish my sentence, Henry grabs my wrist once again, pulling me behind as the broom begins to lift.

"Hold tight or you'll fall."

-Henry explains as we go higher up in the sky.

"Just don't go so fast Henry."

Quickly grabbing ahold of his shoulders, I feel the cool breeze of the night, the crisp air at my nose.

It seems so quiet, yet at the same time so unbearably loud.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

Looking up, I see a night sky full of stars, with a bright moon sitting in the middle of it all.

I don't reply back to Henry, I just stare at it all in awe.

"Do you want to see something?"

-Henry speaks again, smirking as he halfway turns his head my way.

"Alright."

-I answer, thinking it might be another spectacular view.

It isn't long before we begin flying quickly through the sky.

"Slow down Henry!"
-I shout through the oncoming wind.

"You're fine! Just hold tight."

-He replies, going even faster downward.

I can't tell if I begin screaming at this point, with all the fast wind and whatnot, it's hard to tell what's happening.

I cling even tighter to Henry as I shut my eyes harder, wanting this to all stop.

I can feel us falling towards the ground as I keep my eyes closed, ready to hit the ground at any moment.

But we don't.

I feel the hard tug as Henry pulls us both upward, making me feel unwell.

As I feel my heart beating nearly out of my chest, Henry begins to laugh, Hard.

"That wasn't funny Henry."

-I exclaim, finally opening my eyes.

"It was so. I nearly became deaf from your howling."

He continues to laugh harder from his joke.

"Bring me down, I'm done with this."

"Oh come on (Y/N). It was a joke, it's funny."

"Put me down."

-I say, on the verge of screaming.

"Fine."

-He replies glumly, slowly bringing us back down.

"I just wanted to do something fun."

-He says again just as we get back down.

I don't reply to him, I don't even look his way, I just start walking back to Hogwarts without him.

My hair is disgustingly tangled so I try my best to fix it as I make my way carefully to the common room.

The common room was dimly lit, the only light being a few scattered candles and the fireplace's warm fire.

I want to walk towards the fire, sit on the couch nearest to it and warm back up, but I quickly notice Tom's presence by the couch, watching me quietly.

I turn my head towards him, staring at him for a moment, somewhat wanting him to say something to me.

After he doesn't, I turn back to the staircase, climbing them to my dorm.

{Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and hope you can forgive me for the long wait}

{If you haven't already heard, I've been sick for the past week or two but I'm nearly better now}

{Also, if you also haven't heard yet, my cat has given birth today to 4 light grey kittens and I need some help naming one of them. If you have any suggestions, let me know}

{Here's a question: What's a randomly odd thing that gives you so much joy?}

{Example: That feeling when you're swinging really high on a swing}

{For me it has to be when it's dark out but it's snowing so it leaves that orange tint in the sky and if you do go outside, it's just so quiet and peaceful and just makes me so happy inside}

{I can't wait for the winter}

{So I hope you guys have been doing good this past week}

{I haven't cut my hair since like 6th grade (A very long time ago) and just the other day I cut a good 6 inches off (Mainly because of split ends) and I'm not really sure how to feel about it just yet}

{I'm spending way too much money on books}