𝟺: 𝙱𝚄𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚂

⎈bullies⎈

bullies

People stare at me in confusion as i practically sprint for the exit door of the school.

I don't mind them because i would be doing the same thing if i saw a girl half-dressed in hockey pads and normal clothes with hair matted to her head from sweat, rushing towards the door.

I finally reach my escape as i push the door open and breathe in the fresh outdoor air, trying to calm myself.

"Hey, are you okay?" i hear a sweet, unfamiliar voice ask me.

"Do i look like i'm okay?" I snap. I turn my head to see a girl about my age with dirty blonde hair and warm brown eyes. I instantly regret being so hostile
towards her. After all, she was the only one in that whole stupid school to even ask me how i was.

"I'm so sorry. I've been having an extremely bad day," i say as i sit down on the bench by the bus stop. She sits down next to me, an awkward smile on her face, "i can tell."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" she asks suddenly. I don't know what it was about her that made me completely open up all my feelings to a stranger.

I had blabbed on for what seems like forever. From losing Bombay to the bullies at this school to our new jerk coach and eventually to my fight with Adam and him making varsity.

She sighed, "wow."

I chuckled a bit, "i know. I'm a mess right?"

"Nah. You're a normal person who goes through teenage struggles." I smiled at her and sat there quietly.

She spoke up again, "if it's any consolation, i hate this place too."

I laughed at that, "you do? But you're a-" I stop myself.

"A snob?" She continues my sentence. I laughed, "well you said it."

She began to laugh too, "i would love to go to any school but this one. The only reason i stay here is for my brother. He's on the varsity hockey team. And let me tell you, that team is full of pigs."

"I wouldn't doubt it," i roll my eyes. "I'm Kendall, by the way," i say while reaching my hand out to her.

"Haylee," she smiles while shaking my hand.

"Kendall! I've been looking for you ever-" Before Charlie can finish, i see him notice that i'm not alone.

"Oh, hi." He says as he rubs the back of his head nervously. I notice Haylee blush a bit but seems to act normal, otherwise. Oh, boy.

Charlie pats my back as he talks through gritted teeth, "are you going to introduce me?"

I begin to chuckle a bit, someone has a crush.

"Charlie this Haylee. Haylee this is my brother Charlie."

"Hi, Charlie," she replies with her bright smile.