𝟹𝟸: 𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙱𝙾𝚈, 𝙰𝙳𝙰𝙼 𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙺𝚂

her boy, adam banks

Kendall sat on the bench, removing the front part of her helmet and slugging down some water.

"I like what i've been seeing out there, Conway!" Coach Orion patted the girl on the back.

"Thanks coach," she breathed heavily, her eyes trailing back to the game. She watched as Julie deflected another shot, "let's go Julie!"

If they won this game they would earn there spot in the playoffs. Only the best of the best made it to the playoffs. So, they had to be the best of the best.

"Conway! Banks! Change it up!" The coach yelled, the two instantly reacted, jumping over the wall.

"Ready to do this Banksie?" Kendall nudged his arm.

"Hell yeah, Conway." He smiled, before they both furiously skated to there positions.

The scoreboard highlighted the score 3-3 with 20 seconds on the clock. They needed this point, they needed this win.

Time ticked as the opposing team had possession of the puck, skating faster and faster down towards Julie.

Kendall sped up, gaining on him with every second that ticked by.

14.. 13.. 12..

"Spin, hit, steal. Spin, hit, steal," she muttered to herself, pushing herself harder.

"Come on, Kendall!" She heard her coach yell from the box.

She was arm to arm with him as she pulled her muscles in motion, feeling the familiar sensation of her spinning around and stopping in an instant.

9... 8... 7...

The boys eyes widened as she rammed her body into his, him falling to the ground quickly. She took possession of the puck quickly, gliding down the ice.

"Yes! That's it Conway!"

"Kendall!" Adam yelled, motioning with his hockey stick.

She edged around another player, sailing it to Adam.

4... 3.. 2..

He made his shot, the satisfying sound of the buzzer alarming in triumph.

"Yes!" She cried out, raising her hockey stick in victory.

Cheers erupted from the stands as the Eden Hall Ducks were overcome with victory.

Her eyes scoured the stands, landing on the varsity captain himself.

"Yes!" He yelled standing to his feet and clapping his hands.

She made eye contact with him as she lifted her hands in the air, "woo!"

He smiled, sticking out two thumbs up. His head nodding in approval, "Yeah!"

"Woo!" She heard her teammates yell as they skated out onto the ice. Dean picked up Kendall throwing her over his shoulder.

"Kendall Conway does it again!" He yelled, skating around with her.

She laughed uncontrollably, banging on his back, "let me down, Portman!"

He smiled, placing her down on her feet, "that was seriously the most majestic shit i've ever seen."

"Yeah, yeah." She laughed, fist bumping him.

The crowd and team were still in an uproar as the other team skated off the ice defeatedly.

She skated around with a smile as she noticed Adam, releasing from a group hug.