forlorn ˎˊ˗ ஓீ͜❨💊❜

you fall to your knees.

you're sick.

your stomach is full with the aching feeling of loneliness; though the deep confusion of your mind's inner workings swarms within you — adding more to your sickness.

you thought you were numb.

you thought your heart was in peace with the distance between you and others. you thought your heart was strong enough; that it didn't need to guard itself from the unnecessary and the understandable pain that was caused by remoteness.

staying within relationships or friendships- or companionships was not the easiest thing to do. depending on experiences, it provided a lot or little work. either it was hard as so past difficulties rose from letting yourself bond with others or it was easy as you flowed with the necessary skills that you required to become linked with others.  you understood that.

so, you decided to be alone. though not only from the past memories that made you recoil, but from the work that needed to be done to make someone gain a spark for you and that someone or some people to form a constellation in the sky that sparkled from the joy and love.

in your eyes, working to make someone care for you was worthless. in the end, they'd find someone else. or maybe you'd distant away from them due to them having others that were way more favorable than you'd ever be.

you were still sick.

the feelings were getting stronger, so you needed a distracted to keep them at bay.

you needed to be distracted to forget that the words about yourself being numb that were created by your mind were nothing but a beautiful lie.

your eyes closed.

and now they were half-lidded as your irises fixated on the ground that your head hovered. the slow sounds of gentle footsteps increased; though the words slamming itself inside your head was louder. 

then; you heard the door open. you didn't need to look away to know the door's movements were careful, as so the person guiding the door's movements didn't want panic painted on your face or it controlling sudden decisions.