my heart yearns for you ˎˊ˗ ஓீ͜❨💊❜ :; requested

requested :;  by  LightLight69

summary :; you vent but he's here, despite being a enemy's ( frenemy's? friend's? ) friend.

author's ramble — i was trynna post dis a few days ago but i fixed up some things so now im publishing it now IHBGIJHGBUGJ

he never knew he would love your eyes sparkling as your heart gleamed within the golden light from above; — you were just a pathetic teen that decided to stupidly follow luz; so why should he like you — he'd tell himself; on the loneliest days that got him mourning at the perplexing fact that his heart urged for at least a hand hold from . . . you .

he hated that he was drowning in complicated feelings towards an enemy's friend — the sudden warmth circling his body from the strengthen beats his heart made against his ribs ; the heat causing a light tint of rose paste around his cheeks and the tips of his ears—

was too much.

and maybe the memories of him spitting out stutters and stumbles of insults and sass right at you when you simply bumped into him or was doing some minor-hero duty with luz was too much as well.

maybe he stopped insulting and sassing you just for a reply because he noticed the way you obviously started to lean towards hating him than just simply disliking him—but he also stopped as his eyes would catch your irises that was once radiating brightness hope turned to deep sorrow internally crushing you in a slow, painful pace.

he never thought you'd feel sad here — if luz could be at least a bit more happy here, then why couldn't you be happy? you've might've lost the same things that luz clung onto in the human world — or maybe you've lost more or less; he didn't know — but if luz could be still happy despite all the lost and struggle she's been through - why couldn't you?

maybe luz was as sad— or depressed— as you; but was extremely good at hiding it.

but he's seen it before; he's been there before;

feeling lost; feeling so small. not being able to hide your soul suffocating in dark air—

and that's exactly what he was feeling right now; 

while he sat underneath a tree; ignoring the way the pretty light began to slowly transition in color as its yellow hues noticeably became golden; 

golden like his dumb mask that couldn't muffle out his small whimpers and sniffles when he needed to stand up strong at the castle.

he exhaled.