Chapter 20

What happened minutes before was unclear to her, but Keely couldn't deny the twisting guilt she has in her heart as she saw Darnell look at her in shock and disgust. She can't control herself, but her consciousness was still there.... watching everything.

With only the five strings in tact, Queen Barb attempted to use it on her, just as she's near where King Quincy and Queen Essence we're kept. The discussion they've had before, back when she was still tied up with the beany wearing Rock Troll earlier, was something she was fully determined to resist. Barb is about to turn the leaders--no... All trolls... into Hard Rock zombies. This was the first time in her entire life that Keely wanted to protect something, or someone. All along, she was only worried of her own skin, but knowing that the King and Queen, her parents, the other Prince, and especially Darnell, will be put in danger, the girl had no second wasted of forming an idea to save them. But look how it got her.

She was turned into a zombie even before reaching step 1 of her plan.

'Why do I always have to ruin opportunities?' she scolds herself.

"Give it up for your former leaders! Funk, Country, Techno, Classical, and worst of all... Pop," Queen Barb arranged things to start with the nuisance in her plan, which means that each leaders will be the first once to get turned. "Who wants to see what the ultimate power chord can do?"

'No!' Keely tried to scream, but she has no control over herself.

Her first target is the Queen of Pop, who's cage is hanging above the stage. Before anything could happen, a book was suddenly thrown over Barb's face. The girl's zombie instinct was to look up from where it came from, and unexpectedly, Keely sees a hot air balloon floating towards the stage.

"I guess a giant comprehensive manual does come in handy!" says someone from the flying vehicle.

The Queen of Rock scoffs, "Well, isn't that puke? Poppy's little boyfriend came to crash the concert." She points the guitar back to Poppy, "Too late, Branch!"

There was no more time to think, the male pop troll jumps out of the hot air balloon and gets himself hit by the power chord coming from the strings. 'Oh no!' Keely gasps. Her situation could be different from him as Barb only used five strings on her. If all six strings were used... he might not even have consciousness left as hers.

Obsidian surrounded him, making the audience wait in anticipation at what's about to happen. Little by little, the rock was shattered into two and revealed a new version of the troll they once knew. "Rock on!" he shouted. All the Hard Rock Trolls cheered at their small achievement. "Who's ready to get rippin' tattoos everywhere but our faces in case we still need office jobs?!" he says.

'No fair! He can talk?!' Guess it's a disadvantage of her zombie for being turned with only five strings attached.