Chapter32

Two days later....
Yesmeen..
The morning sun streamed through the blinds, filling the room with its warm and dazzling light. I groggily reached for the alarm clock, trying to silence its buzzing. But then I remembered what today held in store.

With a burst of energy, I leaped out of bed and flicked on the light. I blinked a few times to clear my fuzzy vision and stretched my arms, letting out a big yawn. Today, my mom is coming! I couldn't be happier.

But there's something I can't hide from her, even though I've kept it hidden from Ammar. I never thought Ameera would do something like this to me. It's all because of man ... I just hope that when my mom arrives, she'll take me away from this house. I know Ameera wants to harm me, one way or another.

I headed to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and returned to my room. As I walked towards the closet, it took me a moment to realize that I wasn't in my own room. I can't believe how he mixed up our clothes.

"Seriously, this guy!"

Yesterday, he packed some of my clothes and brought them to his room. I picked out my atamfa gown and put it on. I applied light makeup and wrapped my veil around me. Slipping on my shoes, I walked towards the door, only to find it locked.

"What the hell?"

I dialed Ammar's number and put the phone to my ear, listening as it rang. But he didn't pick up. How could he just lock me in a room like this?

My phone buzzes with a message..
_Sorry babe I had an emergency  I left so early..your breakfast is on the dining...and please do take your meds on time..

I dial his number several times he isn't picking at the end I just type a message
_You locked the door mr man where is the key?
_Check the drawer side

I stood up, my eyes fixed on the key. I walked down to the dining area, my heart heavy with anticipation. I opened the plate to find a burnt egg and toast. "What is this?" I muttered, my frustration growing. "This must be his work... he's not serious."

I quickly sipped the coffee and packed the plates and cup, my mind racing with thoughts of Ameerah and her mysterious behavior. As I made my way back to my room, I heard a car honk behind me. I turned to see Ameerah pulling up with someone who might have been her sister or friend  I couldn't be sure.

I pushed the thought aside and continued to my room, my mind preoccupied with what to cook. I decided on fried chicken and rice, heating up the pan with a sizzle. But as I was lost in thought, I didn't notice someone sneaking up behind me.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my hand, and I screamed loudly. The hot oil has spilled on me! I turned around to see Ameerah laughing maniacally while I am writhing in agony.

But she didn't stop there. With a sinister grin, she pushed me hard, causing me to fall on my stomach. I felt a wave of betrayal wash over me. "This is the ultimate betrayal..." I thought, my mind reeling with shock and pain.

"Yesmeen, I hate you with all my heart. I can't stand seeing your face. I hate everything about you. I regret being friends with someone like you a snatcher, a cheater, and a betrayer."

"I tried to stand up, but I couldn't. I raised my head and looked at her as she disappeared..."

"Somehow, I managed to stand up. I don't know how, but I find myself in the room. I immediately dialed my mom's number, crying even harder, telling her that I can't stay in this house anymore. She said she's on her way."

"I find a pain reliever and drifted off to sleep. I woke up when I heard my mom's voice."

"Mom, I hugged her tightly..."
"Inalillahi, princess, what happened to your hand?"
"Mommy, I can't do this anymore. I don't want this marriage. Ameera did this to me."