Epilogue

Four months later...
Yesmeen..
I snuggled into Ammar, kissing his cheeks. He pulled me closer, What's wrong? Why aren't you sleeping?"

I whined, "Your baby won't let me sleep. He just woke me up with his crying." he's stubborn like his dad."

I rolled my eyes. "You think it's me or you who's stubborn?"

"You know you're the stubborn one here, right? Besides, it's okay for babies to cry."

I yawned, "And at this late hour, I'm tired. I want to sleep. You take care of him when he cries..." But before I could finish, Abyan started wailing again.

Ammar quickly stood up, and I followed him to Abyan's room, filled with toys and all sorts of baby goodies. Ammar walked to the crib and gently picked up our little one. "Come on, my boy, what's the problem? Why aren't you sleeping? It's late already, please don't cry, okay?"

"Didn't your mom just put you to sleep?" Ammar asked, as Abyan stopped crying and gazed at him with a curious expression, as if understanding his father's words. Ammar managed to soothe him back to sleep.

"Thank God," we whispered, leaving the room silently.

"Being parents isn't easy at all, seriously," I said, exhausted. "We should always thank our parents. No sleep at night, and in the morning, he won't even let you rest."

Ammar pulled me onto him, and we finally got some sleep. The next day, I visited my mom, then headed to my aunt's house, and also stopped by to check on my in-laws.

*****************
5years later....

"Ammar , are we still going to the party?" I asked, seeing him lying in bed with Abyan on his stomach.

"Mommy, Grandpa's party!" Abyan said cheerfully.

"Yes, and what did I tell you about chewing your fingers?" I replied. He immediately removed his hand, saying, "Sorry, mommy."

"Okay, get down now and pick up your bag. Let's go to school.

So, dad got a promotion, and we're going to throw a little party tonight. Nothing happened in the past year, but Yusrah gave birth to a baby girl, and Ameera also had a baby girl. Yusrah stayed in Lagos, and we both went there for the naming ceremony.

Unfortunately, I didn't attend Ameera's ceremony because Abyan was sick at that time, but I called and apologized to her.

Ammar brought his bag out while I brushed my hair. "Ammar, when are you going to cut this boy's hair?" I asked as I slid on my shoes.

He chuckled and said, "Babe, okay, maybe today after Islamiya before I come to pick you up, insha Allah." He brushed his hair as well.

I smiled "You guys always look good when you cut your hair." I picked up my bag as he picked up Abyan, and we dropped him off at school. Ammar dropped me off at my office.

Around 6:30, he came to pick me up, and we all got ready for the party. Before we reached, Abyan fell asleep, but the moment we arrived, he woke up and ran straight to his granny and the rest of the family.

"They really spoil him a lot with love," I laughed, as we both went and greeted them, congratulating my dad.

See my cute baby! How are you doing?"I exclaim , picking up Yusrah's daughter, "

I'm good," she replied. So we both sat there and enjoyed the night with the family, cracking jokes and having a great time.

I walked gently towards Ammar, smiling at him. "Let's take a walk," he murmured. We strolled hand in hand towards the garden, surrounded by the serene beauty of nature.

"Everything just feels like a dream," Ammar exclaimed , his eyes filled with love and adoration.

I giggled, "I can't believe I married you, Ammar. I remember fighting with you so much over Ameera, thinking I'd be betraying her."

He  chuckled, "You know, when I find  out I was marrying you, I felt nothing. But that's because I'd already fallen in love with you from the very first day. Yesmeen, I loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you. Our first eye contact...it was like time stopped. All I saw was your mesmerizing smile, and my mind was blown away."

"Why didn't you tell me then?" I asked

"I don't think you know what love was back then, except for craziness!"you're always so dramatic!"

"Are you trying to insult me?" but he just laughed.

"Not really, my love," All throughout our journey, you've given me a lot of headaches, but what can I do? I love this beautiful girl unconditionally."

I smiled, "I'm beautiful, right?"

"Yes, you're truly the definition of beautiful, stubborn, and also a headache."

I blushed, remembering my past antics. "Oh god, I remember I always acted crazy and childish."

Ammar laughed, "To this day, you're still childish and very crazy at times. I sometimes think I married a crazy girl!"

"I remember our journey in the USA," I exclaim , and Ammar laughed.

The first day we met, you spilled coffee on my shirt, right?

Whose coffee was in the cup? Yours, right? You were the one who spilled coffee on your own shirt!"I giggled, "And you know what I thought when I first met you? I thought, 'This guy is handsome, but he's rude!'"

Ah you're falling for your friend fiancé right..?

"I never fall for you, Mr.," but for some unknown reason, my heart always beats faster when I see you."

He smiled, "You know what? I always felt like you're somehow connected to me. Whenever you're around me, my heart races, and I enjoy our journey together, Miss Bumper."

I  rolled my eyes, "Ewww, stop calling me that nickname, Mr. Choco Guy!"

He chuckled, "The journey in Nigeria was different, though. You gave me a lot of headaches, pain, and heartbreak."

"Stop that, okay! Parents' decisions are always the best. I interrupted, They would never make a decision that would ruin us. Their choices and decisions are always the best."

He nodded in agreement, "And we have become who we are today because of our parents."

As we continued walking hand in hand, we turned around to see our two families laughing and cracking jokes together. The kids are  playing, and the atmosphere is filled with joy and love. They looked happy.

"Yes, and I pray they will forever be happy until the very end," I exclaimed .

"I love you, Yesmeen. I love you with all my heart," Ammar declared.

"I love you too, Ammar. You are the first in my life, and you will be the last, Insha Allah. We'll take care of our baby together and raise him up gloriously."

I intertwined our hands, "Here we are, the BEST FRIENDS who turned into lovers. And we feel like we can't do anything without each other."

Ammar turned to me, smiling, "Are we still best friends or lovers?

You don't irritate me right now..."I smiled back, "We are LOVERS, and we will forever be BEST FRIENDS until the very end."

Our love story is  a beautiful journey, and I am grateful to have find  my soulmate in Ammar. Together, we would face life's ups and downs, hand in hand, as lovers and best friends....

Until next time🥺❤️
Ummeetarh05❤️