Chapter33

Ammar..
"It's been a week since I last heard her voice, saw her face, hold  her hand, and kissed her cheeks. According to her, I should be over it by now. But waking up every morning and thinking of her is a torment. My first thoughts each day are, 'Damn, another day! How will I get through this?'I miss her terribly  her voice, her hand in mine, her subtle smile, that endearing mark on her face, the way she nods in agreement, her adorable nose, and her kisses. Everything.

I can't explain the turmoil in my head. I'm trying to make sense of where things went wrong, searching for that one reason that made say this . But I can't stop thinking about it. I can't let it go."

"Will she ever realize how deeply I love her? The thought of everything we had is suffocating me. It's killing me. Did she ever truly love me? Or was I just a pawn in her game? Am I unbearable and pathetic?

My life is shrouded in uncertainty. Will things work out for me, or will I be doomed to suffer? Sometimes, I allow myself to imagine her radiant smile, and it brings a fleeting smile to my face. I recall her humorous words, and my heart feels lighter for a moment. But the pain soon overwhelms me, and I'm left lying in bed, waiting for it to subside. I force a fake smile, trying to pretend that everything is okay."

"I respect her decision... she doesn't want me, and I'll respect her boundaries." I got out of bed, took a shower, and got dressed in black jeans and a denim shirt, spraying on some perfume before slipping on my slide sleepers.

I walked out to Ameera, "Good morning, sweetheart."  She hugged me and asked how my night was.

I replied, "Alhamdulillah, it was fine." Then she asked to visit our mom today. I reminded her that she has just gone yesterday, but she pleaded, "Please, moh, don't say no... please."

I took a deep breath, looking down at her pleading face, and Can you tell me what happened between you and Yesmeen?"

Well I will definitely know what happen right now because the girl can't lie especially to me..the only fact that I like about her."

Yesmeen? I don't understand."what do you mean?
You exactly know what I mean."

Something is wrong between you two.:and I want to know right now.

"Muhammad, I said I'm sorry! I agree it is  my fault I burned her hand , but I didn't push her intentionally, trust me. Are you listening to me?" She  pleaded, her voice laced with desperation.

But I was beyond reason. "You what?! You burned her hand with oil?! How could you be so careless?!"

She  cowered under my glare, her eyes welling up with tears. "I'm sorry, Muhammad. I swear it wasn't intentional. I'll do anything to make it right."

But my anger is still simmering, and I couldn't forgive her so easily. "

"I'm sorry, Muhammad!" She pleaded, tears streaming down her face. "I was so careless, I didn't mean to burn her hand with oil!"

I sighed,"Ameera , how can you be so reckless?

She  hung her head in shame. "I know, I know. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

I  nodded my head , and a relief washing over her face. "Thank you, Muhammad. I promise to be more careful in the future."

My phone rang, breaking the silence, and I pulled it out from my jeans pocket. My brother's name flashed on the screen, and I answered the call. He told me he is  on his way with his wife,

"If I had known this is what marriage meant, I would have preferred to stay single my whole life."

I walked into her part , calling out her name, but there is no response. I searched the living room, but she isn't there. My heart began to race as I made my way to the bedroom. I find her sleeping peacefully, but her pale complexion made my heart skip a beat. I felt a surge of love and desperation, knowing I couldn't lose her.

I took a deep breath and gently took her hand, my fingers intertwining with hers. I dressed her wound with tender care, my eyes fixed on her face. As I finished, I leaned in, my lips brushing against hers. Her eyes fluttered open, and our gazes met.

I hastily stood up, the first aid box almost slipping from my hand, our eyes locked in a charged gaze. Hers were welling up with tears, but she remained silent. I broke the silence, my voice barely above a whisper, "How are you?"

Her response is a soft whisper, her voice like music, "I'm fine." I felt my control slipping, my emotions raw and exposed.

The silence that followed was deafening, the only sound the tears that finally escaped her eyes. I yearned to comfort her, to hold her close and pour out my love and need for her, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I turned to leave, but her voice stopped me, "Are you leaving me just like that?"

The words hung in the air, a mix of sadness and longing. I turned back to her, my heart heavy with emotion, and saw the vulnerability in her eyes. In that moment, I know I couldn't leave, not like this. Not when our hearts are  so heavily invested in each other.

Ammar ..
I ignore her..
Ammar She called out again, her voice laced with anger and hurt. "Ammar, is this how you treat me? Where is the love and affection we once shared? Where are those special moments we cherished, just the two of us?"

Her words pierced my heart, and I felt a pang of guilt. "Why are you so busy lately? Why do you prioritize Ameera over me? You spend more time with her than with me. You've given her the days that once belonged to me."

Tears streamed down her face as she continued, her voice cracking with emotion. "I can't even remember the last time you came to see me. It's like you don't care about me anymore.

Last time I remember you're the one that messed up things right?You want to be friends, yes, I remember yesmeen . And that's exactly what I'm doing - being a friend, like you asked."

"You said it to my face that you only want to be friends,"What now? What do you want me to do? Do you know how hurt I felt to hear those words from you?"

She hugged me tightly from behind, her tears soaking into my shirt. "I'm sorry, I broke you, I'm sorry for hurting you. I didn't mean any of what I said." Her sobs echoed through the room.

"We always said we're lovers and best friends, meant to be together, not apart or broken. We can fight, but we don't leave each other," she whispered, her voice trembling. "Why did you leave me?"our tears mingled as we hold each other, our love still strong despite the hurt and pain. "We've cried for each other, we've shed tears for each other, and our love will never end this way," she sobbed

"Love?" I spat, my voice laced with anger and hurt. "What love are you talking about, Yesmeen?" I spun her around, my eyes blazing into hers. "I remember your words, 'I don't love you, I just want to be friends.'"

But she hugged me tightly, her tears soaking into my shirt. "I'm addicted to you, Ammar, to your presence everywhere. I can't let things go away. I love you, I swear."

I pushed her away, my heart still raw from her previous rejection. "And I don't know what's gotten into me today, I'm not ready for your nonsense." I dashed out of the room, leaving her crying, wanting her to know that she has hurt me deeply.