{10 Reborn}

TW: Descriptions of gore

Caius Volturi

Caius was furious.

He had never felt such burning rage in his life, it coursed through his veins like hellfire and consumed him whole. How long had he been warning Aro of his hesitance? How many times had he told his blood brother that they needed to act before something bad had happened?

He was first roused to act when he felt a coiling of dread in his gut and cold burning in his chest. His soul was desperately trying to commune with him that something was wrong.

He had never moved faster in his life.

When approaching the village Caius was struck by the stench of burning flesh and the haunting screams of his mate and would be children. Commanding the Volturi underlings into extinguishing the flames, Caius began to set his plan into place.

He had a smaller group of vampires group up John, Mable, Francis and the twin's biological mother and a few of the more oppressive church elders and had them restricted near the once lit pyres. Moving over to the burning bodies of his family Caius made sure to swiftly bite them, allowing for the venom to repair their charred flesh as quickly as possible.

Now left to his own devices Caius began his assault on the remaining villagers. As he moved elegantly yet violently through the people he was met with no resistance. Flesh tore under his fingers like fine silk and their blood ran thickly and warmly down his throat. The savage screams of the onlookers played like orchestrated melodies to his ears. Each person fell like stones before him, some staying more intact than others under his less than careful motions.

Throats were torn from the necks of the guilty and were left to rot in the dirt as they deserved. Caius revelled in the misery and the pain he was causing to those left on to watch. Not that they would get to live on much longer, but Caius had a higher plan for them. He moved swiftly from person to person hardly minding to avoid the miscellaneous scattered body parts that began to scatter the floor and become embedded in the mud below him. Leftover scraps of torn flesh could be found scattered through the discarded corpses at Caius' feet as he took out his rage on the humans.

He could feel the curious and slightly fearful gaze of Aro who had decided to watch on from the safe distance of the tree line, and if he knew better Caius thought, he would stay there until he was finished. This was his fault, the blonde thought rage still burning through his being. Each drop of blood that was spilt or drunk was yet another victory for the angry warrior.

As he turned to look at his sheep safely herded between the Volturi underlings he was met with the satisfying sight of Mable sobbing her eyes out barely able to stand as she witnessed the destruction around her. Francis was pale in both shock and fear as he watched just how powerless he was under the immense power of Caius before him. Everyone was cowering as they should, all completely awestruck by just how vulnerable they had become like they were in the presence of a god. The stench of burning and thick iron hung in the air as the situation was becoming clearer to those trapped in the middle. They were drug away cry and screaming into the village barn before being locked inside and held under the supervision of the lower guard.

Caius would be holding them for later.

More importantly Caius now slightly sated turned his attention to Adela, Jane and Alec who had very slowly began to regenerate due to the healing venom in their systems. To more inferior beings, a vampire's venom may be regarded as poison, toxic.

But not to Caius.

To Caius venom is the lifeblood of the gods, it is what turns someone from a mere mortal, tied to the limitations of life into a reformed and higher being. Venom is the lifeblood of vampires and vampires are simply superior beings. It ran through their veins in replacement of blood, allowing for the undead creatures to be able to repair themselves from the greatest of damage.

Looking down at the charred remains of his mate Caius could see the effects of the venom slowly taking hold. Her skin was slowly but surely reforming itself from the inside out, albeit paler than before, alongside the other majorly damaged aspects of her body. These changes were also being mirrored on the twins who were also slowly beginning to be reformed.

Caius lifted his mate from the ground and commanded two of the lower guard to bring the twins along with him the temporary living quarters he had while waiting out in the forest. He wanted his family to be comfortable upon rebirth and his den would be where they shall awaken. He had been preparing for this moment, however, he could have never imagined even in his wildest dreams that this would have been the turn of events.

The thought of it was enough to bring back the rage that he had felt earlier, but feeling the cooling temperatures of his mate in his arms was slowly beginning to calm him down. In its place, however, was the now inextinguishable worry and fear that began to overwhelm him.

The venom would work, it would have to, he reasoned to himself. He was more worried about her mental state upon waking. Adela had just been through an incredibly traumatising experience, as had jane and Alec and could only hope that they would adjust well to their new life.

But they were strong. Caius knew they were or he would not have been united with them by the universe. So he had increasing confidence in their abilities to adapt and survive to whatever life could throw at them, especially after the circumstances. He gently placed Adela down on the black silken sheets and began to make preparations.

The transformation would usually take three days, however, due to the extent of bodily trauma they had faced it may take a few days longer. He would wait until their skin had fully reformed to clothe them, as to not irritate or disrupt the process. Then it would simply be a matter of waiting.

He could sense Aro stalking just outside of his peripheral vision, knowing better than to interrupt.

"Speak" Caius spat, not even bothering to turn his head in acknowledgement.

"Now, I know you're upset-"

"Upset!" he roared "Upset! Do you even have any semblance of an idea of how I feel right now Aro? Do you?" He swiftly turned to face the inky haired leader, anger clear on his face and rippling through his voice. "I had told you. And I had warned you. Yet each time you ignore me to state your own curiosity. Quite frankly Aro I want some time alone"

Aro solemnly nodded his head and returned to his own quarters, he knew better than to push his boundaries. He could only hope that Caius could find it in his heart to forgive him, once his mate had awoken.

Thank you for reading~