Starting Something New

It was 4 months later, and I had just gotten done my first day of class. When I walked in the door little Sadie came crawling over to me. I can't believe that she is about to start walking soon. She's going to be a handful, I already know it. I reached down and picked her up and gave her a big hug.

 "Hi baby girl, did you miss Auntie Saint because I missed you!" She started babbling and I'm guessing that she missed me too. Katie came around the corner. 

 "Hey Saint, I swear she knows your schedule and starts crawling to the door right when you're due to come through it, it's really scary. Oh, the realtor called and she wanted you to call her back."

I set Sadie in her playpen and walked over to the phone and started dialing the realtor. 

 "I'm wondering if she got any offers on the house. I can't believe that she hasn't called sooner." I waited while the phone rang before she finally picked up. I walked into the bedroom to talk to her. After a ten-minute conversation, I hung up and walked back out into the living room.

Katie looked over at me. "So, any offers on the house." I was still looking down at the phone when I answered.

 "I just sold the house. Somebody made an offer and it was more than the asking price, so I took the offer." Katie looked a little sad at me saying that. 

 "I guess it's final, you aren't going back there now?" I shook my head. 

 "Yes, it's final now and no I am not going back." I had to say something to break this awkward sad silence.

"So Katie, where are you going on your date night tonight?" 

 She just shrugged, "I don't know, Josh said this one was a secret and won't tell me." I put my hand on her shoulder. 

 "Wherever he takes you will be special. So you're not allowed to worry." I knew where he was taking her, and I knew what he was taking her to do. He asked me if I would be ok with him asking her to marry him and I mean they already have a baby so of course I was ok with it. I did appreciate him considering me though he has grown up so much and I am proud of him. 

 "Now get your little butt in the shower and go get ready for your date!" 

 "Ok, I'm going!" She took off and then I heard the shower going.

My phone started ringing and I saw Shane on the caller id. "Hey, Shane, what's up." 

 "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come to have some food with me tonight." I did not see that one coming, I know I am blind. 

"Well, I can't."

 "Oh, is it too soon? I am sorry I am very inconsiderate, I will just let you go." 

 "No Shane, relax I just have to babysit tonight. It's Katie and Josh's date night. Did you want to come and hang out with me and Sadie?"

"Yea I mean, if you don't mind, I think that would be fun!" 

 "I don't mind at all we will be here!" 

 "Ok see you later!" I hung up the phone when Katie came out in a towel.

 "Not that I don't think that Josh will appreciate that look but I think you should wear an actual dress." 

 She looked so nervous which was funny. "Saint this is why I need to know where we are going. I don't know what I'm supposed to wear!" I was cracking up at this point.

 "Saint, this isn't funny! I swear I'm not going tonight!"

I walked over to the chest in the living room and pulled out some blankets. Then I grabbed the box that Josh asked me to give her.