College Here We Come!

Katie, my mom, and I went apartment hunting and found the greatest apartment ever! Katie turned to me. "Are you sure you're okay with this now that Josh has agreed to come to live with us you might feel cramped?" 

 I shook my head, "no I am proud of Josh to be stepping up like he is."

 She laughed, "yea me too, I was expecting him to be mad, but he was the opposite." My mom brought us our drinks.

 "Here we go ladies, I can't believe you both are all grown up now." I took a sip.

 "Mom please don't cry again I can't take any more tears!" We all started laughing so much that we all ended up in tears anyway.

When we got back home, I decided to go shopping for some new clothes for college and headed to the mall. After a couple of hours, I thought I was good on clothes and was looking at my list to ensure I grabbed everything I needed. I almost ran into a man standing in the middle of the aisle.

 "Oh, I'm sorry sir I didn't see you." He turned to look at me. 

"It's okay Saint I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the aisle."

I took a step back. "How do you know my name?" 

 He coughed, "forgive me, but you are dating my son." 

I got a little nervous there, but I decided I wasn't going to let him know. "Oh, wow so you are Damon's dad, nice to meet you." 

 He was rubbing his chin. "Now don't get me wrong you are very pretty and sweet, but that is not what my son needs in his life right now." 

 I was shocked I didn't expect that from him, but I was tired and that made me kind of cranky. "Well, shouldn't that be Damon's decision not yours?" 

 He crossed his arms. "You are feisty aren't you, I can see why my son likes you. But I am sorry you are nothing, but a distraction, and distractions could get him hurt or worse and I don't think you want that."

I shook my head, "no of course I don't want anything to happen to Damon but I'm going across the country anyway so you won't have to worry about me being a distraction!" 

 He shrugged, now I see where Damon got it from. "That is good I'm sorry if this hurts you but I'm sure you will make the right decision." And with that, he walked away leaving me more confused than ever.

That night as I was laying in Damon's arms I woke up and started thinking about everything his dad had said. "I can see why my son likes you. But I am sorry you are nothing but a distraction, and distractions could get him hurt or worse." 

 I turned to look at him and started to think about it. What if something happened to him because of me, I don't think I could live with myself. Which meant my mind was made up, I quietly crawled out of his arms and started to get dressed. After I was dressed and made sure I had everything, I turned to look at Damon. I loved him and would miss him so much.

 As I grabbed the doorknob, "Saint, I know that you aren't trying to sneak out of my room, are you?" I slowly turned to him.

 "Well, you looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you."

Damon stood up and threw on his pants. "Now why don't you tell me the truth." I took a deep breath. 

"I was hoping to avoid this, but I ran into your dad the other day." You could tell that wasn't what he thought I was going to say. He walked up and placed his hands on my shoulders.

 "Why didn't you tell me you ran into him? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

 "No, he didn't hurt me."