Our Last Prom

After a few days, I decided that I would go to Katie's house to talk and explain that I may have overreacted. I walked up to her room and when I walked in she seemed kind of nervous. "Hey Saint, I didn't know you were coming."

"I wanted to try and talk things out and also apologize." Before she replied I heard Josh's voice as he came out of the bathroom. 

"Hey, Katie have you seen my shirt?" When he saw me and turned white as a ghost, I couldn't help but laugh. 

 Josh started to talk "Look Saint I'm sorry we didn't want you to find out this way, please don't be mad at Katie she was going to tell you."

I held up my hand to get him to shut up.

 "Listen, I've been doing some thinking and I think you were right Katie, I have no right to be pissed about you two. I just hated that you two were hiding it from me, I think that's why I reacted the way I did." 

 Katie seemed to think about her next words. "So, you would be okay with Josh and me because it just sort of happened I swear it wasn't planned at all."

"Can I talk to Josh alone first?" 

 She nodded her head, "yea I'll be downstairs." As soon as she left, I turned around and slapped Josh right across the face and the look of shock on his face made it worth it. 

 "I think now I can forgive you because it's just not worth being mad at you anymore." 

Josh seemed to relax. "I am so glad, I missed you and I can never make up for what I did to you but I want us to move forward. Also, I didn't mess with Mylie, after you came up to us I realized that I was being completely stupid and told her to fuck off." 

I stuck out my hand and Josh took it and we shook. "Okay Josh, we are friends now, but if you hurt Katie as you did me then what Damon did to you will look like a little smack compared to what I do to you!"

He put his hands up in a surrendering way. 

"I believe you, but I swear it's different with Katie, you and I rushed into things we didn't even really try being friends first but with Katie, I swear I may be in love with her, like actual love."

 I just sighed. "Josh, that's great and I wish you the best. I think if we were actually in love like I thought then moving on wouldn't have been so easy for us. Now maybe we can both be one hundred percent happy."

 I heard Katie come up behind us.

 "Are we all friends again?"

 I turned towards her and nodded my head. "Yep, now we can all move forward."

 She hugged me and then said, "Um, can I ask what happened to Josh's face?" Josh and I started laughing while Katie stood there looking confused.

Things were back on track for Katie and me, Josh and I were friends, and Damon and I were doing great. Damon and Josh have even started acting a little civil to each other. I never thought that things would go this way but my feelings for him were getting stronger and I knew that eventually, I would have to tell him, I just didn't want to scare him off. 

 But for the next few months, I held them back and things with Damon were going well. He kept having to leave on these business trips, as he called them, but always came back to me. Things were going so well that our first fight was kind of crazy, but then I guess the first fight is always a hard one.

I woke up in Damon's arms but I was super warm. I slid out and went to the bathroom when I came back out, I noticed his phone was blinking. Now yes, I know you shouldn't touch other people's things but I'm sorry it kept going off, I didn't know if it was important or not.