Daddys Home

I turned around slowly hoping I was just hearing things but the monster from my nightmares was standing there.

 "What are you doing here?" I asked him with the last bit of courage I had.

 "I am here to see you, I missed you." He started walking towards me and I couldn't help but yell.

"Stay away from me!"

 He stopped and frowned "Now is that any way to talk to your father, now come here and give me a hug."

He started walking towards me again but my legs finally started to work and I took off running, I heard him yelling behind me.

 "Get back here Saint right now!" I ran as fast as my legs could carry me until I got through my front door. I turned and slammed the door and ran into my mom in the living room.

 "Mom we need to call the police!" I was out of breath and she grabbed me shoulders to keep me from falling.

 "Saint what is wrong, what happened?"

Before I got a chance to answer I heard him.

 "Julie how good to see you, I've come back to see our daughter." My mom pushed me behind her and I took that time to take out my phone and push 911 before putting the phone back in my pocket.

 My mom started talking. "Paul, what are you doing here, you're not supposed to be anywhere near us. How did you even get out of jail?" 

 "Oh please, my daughter wants me here I have proof of that. Also, how I got out is none of your damn business now is it?"

I had no idea what he was talking about but he handed my mom some papers that she looked at then handed to me. They were letters that said they were from me to him that said I missed him and forgave him and wanted him to come home. 

 "What the hell, I never wrote any letters!" Looking closely, I recognized the writing, the little hearts on the letters gave it away. "Mom, this is Mylie's writing not mine."

My father said something that I couldn't believe. "Oh, so that was the little blond who told me where to find you." I couldn't believe this, I mean I knew that she was mean but this was crazy. 

 My mom spoke, "Listen Paul, there was some misunderstanding, Saint didn't write to you."

 "Okay enough I don't care who wrote me I want my daughter." 

 My mom answered really calmly, "Paul please let's let her go upstairs we can talk about this."

 All of a sudden, he whipped out a gun and aimed it at my mom "ENOUGH TALKING, SAINT LET'S GO NOW!"

I was frozen, "mom what do I do?" 

 My mom looked at me and then turned back towards my dad. "NO, MY DAUGHTER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU!" 

His eyes turned black, I swear they did, "I have missed years of my daughter's life because of you. I deserve a chance for her to get to know me again. And I am telling you bitch, you won't stop me!" 

 Then I heard the gun shot and my mom fell to the floor "MOM!" I dropped to my knees and could see the blood, there was so much blood, it was like that night all over again. I wasn't sure if she was alive or not. 

"Mom come on, please open your eyes." I felt my father's hand grab my arm. 

"Come on Saint let's go right now."

 "No please, let me stay with her, she needs me!" 

 "No, now come on before I shoot her again." I had no choice I couldn't let him shoot her again I knew she wouldn't survive another gun shot, if she was even alive now, so I got up and started walking. I looked back one more time at her and prayed that this wouldn't be the last time I saw her and that she would be okay.