Dead or Alive

"Bye Ronnie I'll see you after work." Archie said leaving out the front door. "Okay see you later Archie." I said as I was getting ready for the day. 

After I got ready for the day, I went to go check on Maverick, me and Archie's 7 year old son. 

"Hey Maverick how are you doing today?" I said. "Hi mommy I'm doing good." He said. "How about you get dressed and meet me downstairs and we can go for a car ride and get some lunch." I said. "Okay mommy." I headed downstairs and not long after Maverick came downstairs. "Ready to go?" I asked. "Yes mommy." 

Me and Maverick head to the car and started driving. "Mom why are we moving slow?" Maverick asked. "Well it seems like there has been a car crash." I answered. "Oh okay." We started moving a little bit. "Mom why does that truck look like daddy's?" When he said that I looked at the truck  that he thought looked like Archie's and he was right that was his father's truck. 

I pulled off to the side of the road and unbuckled me and Maverick and walked up to the accident. "Umm miss you can't be over here." A officer said pushing me away. "Where is he?" "Who?" The officer asked. "M-my husband. He's t-the owner of that truck." I answered pointing to Archie's truck scared of what he is going to say. "Miss the ambulance came and sent him to the hospital." After he said hospital I picked up Maverick and headed to my car to go to the hospital.

Once I got to the hospital I grabbed Maverick and headed to the front desk. "I'm here to see my husband Archie Andrews." "Miss he's in surgery right now." The front desk lady said. Me and Maverick went to go sit in the waiting room. When we sat down Maverick asked me "mommy why are we here?" "Well you see you know how you asked why we were moving slow." He shook his head yes. "And then I said there was a car crash and then you asked why the truck in the car crash looked like daddy's." He kept shaking his head yes. 

"Well that was your daddy's truck and he got hurt really bad." "Oh is daddy going to be okay?" 'I don't know sweetie but don't you worry your daddy is a strong man he's going to fight his way back to us." 

We sat there for a few minutes till the doctor came out and said, "Mrs. Andrews your husband Archie."