Never Have I Ever

It was a Saturday night, the loud music and drinks both pouring through Thornhill. Archie and Veronica had just arrived along with Reggie and Josie, and Moose, Midge, and Kevin. The group moved themselves to an empty spot in the living room, the guys going to get drinks for everyone. 

They had pregamed, and most of them were starting to feel the effect of the alcohol-not Veronica, however. When the boys arrived back, they each downed a few more drinks as they discussed an upcoming football game. Most everyone was drunk by this point, including Archie. A tell-tale sign was the way he clung onto Veronica's waist and continuously kissed her below her ear-lobe, occasionally pulling with his teeth. 

"How about we play a game? Truth or dare, would you rather..." Reggie suggested, looking around the circle. 

"Never have I ever." Kevin added, earning agreement from the group. 

Josie started, something simple about failing a test and a few put their fingers down. It finally got around to Moose, and he smirked before saying his. 

"Never have I ever slept with multiple people in one week." 

Everyone in the circle shook their heads, minus Veronica who lowered a finger as her face turned bright red. 

"Damn Lodge, how many?" Reggie asked, trying to lighten the tense mood. 

Veronica held up three fingers, and was unsure if Archie could look more shocked than he did right now. She squeezed his left arm, but he pulled away slightly. The group fizzled out, but Archie didn't say another word. 

She had called an Uber, and upon its arrival she all but dragged Archie outside and into the car. They sat, him as close to the far window as he possibly could've been. 

"Are you gonna ignore me?" She asked, eyebrow raised in question as she popped into the middle seat grabbing his face by his chin and turning it to her. His eyes were slightly dazed by the alcohol, but she could see a little hurt in them and felt nothing but disappointment in herself. 

"What do you wanna talk about?" He bit his tongue, eyes darting to his shoes and sticking there. Her hand was left on his face, thumb absentmindedly stroking over his bottom lip. 

"I don't want you to be mad, I know you're probably surprised. Playing games like that with me-it's different." She gulped, looking over to find his eyes were up now, staring at the markings he'd left on her neck. 

"Surprised? I'm practically floored. I definitely didn't think you were that girl." When he says it, she can hear a hint of disgust in his voice and she feels like a kid who wants to hide from her mother's scolding. 

"I was that girl, I'm not that girl anymore and you should know that. You're the only person in this town I've slept with, and you're the only person in this town I'd wanna sleep with." She can tell that he's making eye contact now, but she hopes he isn't pitying her. 

"I'm committed to us, and I'd never break loyalty." 

And she does mean it, he means the world to her and she'd rather see her entire would burn to the ground than to betray this beautiful boy she's sitting by. Her head drops to his shoulder and he snakes an arm around her waist, whispering in her ear. 

"I know, I'm sorry. I just don't like the idea that you were like that with other guys." He apologized, thumb rubbing over her hipbone. 

"Yeah, but none of it was ever as good as this." She laughed lightly, leaning in to press her lips to his in a glossy kiss, hands messy and hearts messy-but it didn't matter.