Can't Lose You

Archie's POV

Veronica, Jughead, and Betty were all hanging out at my house. We were all catching up with each other after the long summer of being apart. My dad calls me and says he needs help with some construction stuff. "hey guys, I've gotta go help my dad with something, I'll see you later though." I say and kiss Veronica's head and leave.

I drive to my dad's construction site. "hey son, would you mind stacking those wood panels over there?" He asked. I nod and go to stack the wooden panels. "so was it nice catching up with your friends?" He asks. "yeah, definitely. It feels like it's been forever." I say. "I bet it was nice seeing Veronica again." He says with a smile. I laugh. "Absolutely, every second away from her feels like an hour." I say. He smiles. "She's very lucky." He says. "Yeah, so am I." I say. The next second, someone in all black runs out from behind a wall. "Archie!" My dad yells, but the next second, a sharp pain hit my side and I fell to the ground. Seconds later, everything went black.

Veronica's POV

I was interrupted from my conversation with Betty and Jughead by my phone ringing.

V- "hello?"

F- "Veronica. It's Fred Archie was just shot! We're on our way to the hospital."

V- "what?! Oh my gosh! I'm on my way!"

I hang up the phone tears already falling down my face. "V, what was that?!" Betty asks worriedly. "Archie was just shot, we need to get to the hospital now!" I say running out of the room. They both gasp and we get in the car and leave.

We arrive at the hospital and I immediately blot up to the front desk. "I'm here to see Archie Andrews, is he okay?!" I asked panicked. "He's in surgery right now, we will let you know when he's out." She says. I collapse in a chair and put my head in my hands crying more. Betty wraps an arm around me. "I can't lose him. If I lose him I'll lose everything!" I say. Betty opens her mouth but closes it not saying anything and just hugs me tighter. "We just have to keep him in our prayers." She says. For some reason, that makes me stop crying, but I still don't feel any better. Oh gosh Archie, please don't go.

After what felt like forever, a doctor came out. "Here for Archibald Andrews?" He says. I stand up immediately and walk up to the doctor. "Yes, that's us, is he okay?!" I ask. "He's okay, but he's not awake yet. You're welcome to go see him and sometimes saying positive things that he'd remember will help him wake up. He's in room 212." The doctor says. I nod and thank him. I run to Archie's room. I walk in to see Archie hooked up to a bunch of machines. I sigh and another single tear rolls down my cheek. "I'm so sorry this happened to you Arch. I should've been there for you." I whisper. "I guess I'm supposed to talk about positive things you'd remember." I start. "Well, today we finally got to see each other after a long summer away from each other. We were both so excited we got to hangout with Jughead and Betty too. This summer you got to see your mom in Chicago. You called me and told me how great it was to see her and you had such an amazing time with her." I say. Then I just sigh. "I love you so much Archie." I say. Then, I see his eye's slowly flutter open. "Veronica?!" He says quietly. "Oh my gosh, Archie. I'm so glad you're awake, you're gonna be okay." I say caressing his cheek. We pause. "I love you too." He says. "You heard me?" I asked shocked. "I wasn't awake but somehow, I did." He says. I kiss him. within the next few days he was out of the hospital. And we finally got the back together celebration we needed.