New years day

(3:52 am)

Veronica's POV
I open my eyes to see the hard wood floor below me. I'm hanging off the couch in Archie's living room and I couldn't tell you why. Right. The new years party. I look up around the house and see empty beer bottles and trash everywhere. Betty and Jughead are asleep on the longer couch while Kevin is knocked out asleep on Archie's kitchen table. Alrighty then. And then I notice that my leg is half asleep and I see Archie passed out, using my leg as a pillow. I have zero recollection of what happened last night and that's probably for the best.

I try to fall back asleep but I'm so uncomfortable and I'm still in my party dress. I'd much rather be sleeping in Archie's bed.

"Arch?" I whisper while rubbing his back. He stirs in his sleep but is still knocked out cold.

"Archie, hey wake up." I gently shake him and then I kiss his forehead and his beautiful eyes meet mine.

"Ronnie, hey." He smiles sleepily. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just wondering if we could go sleep upstairs, in your bed?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Let's go."

We got up and stepped around all the crap that's in the floor, and tried to not wake up anyone as we snuck upstairs.

We opened the door to his bedroom. Archie picked me and carried me to his bed. I kissed him on the cheek while he laid me on the bed.

"Hey Arch, could I borrow a shirt?" I asked him.

"Anything for you." He smiled back. He got up and grabbed a large football T shirt from his dresser.

"Thank you." I said to him while I walked to the bathroom to change and wash my face.

When I came back, Archie was sound asleep, snoring, on his bed. Not only was he on the bed, but he was laying across the entire thing, like a starfish. I laughed quietly and smiled. God, I love him.

I attempted to get into bed with him, but it didn't work out the greatest. I tried to move him over, but he was a rock. He wouldn't budge.

I whispered in his ear and shook him gently. "Hey, Archie, I love you but you gotta scoot over."

Nothing.

That's it. I used all the energy I had left from tonight to roll my boyfriend over, and I did succeed. He just kept snoring away.

I was able to get comfortable and I turned to look at my beautiful boy. He looked so gorgeous and peaceful. I love him so, so, much. I'm so glad that I get to spend this new year with him.

I leaned over and wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up to kiss him.

"Happy New Years Archiekins."