Christmas morning

Archie's POV
I wake up to the blinding light of the morning peaking through my window shakes. I tightly close my eyes, roll over, and reach my arm across the bed for Veronica, who is staying with us for the holiday because her parents are getting a nasty divorce over the holidays. As I pat my arm across 'her spot' I notice that she isn't there. I open my eyes and look around the room then smell waffles cooking from downstairs. I smile.

"Archie!!! Breakfast!!!" I hear my girlfriend yell.

I walk down the stairs and into my kitchen where I see my dad spraying whipped cream into Veronica's mouth. They both laugh when they see me enter with a weird look. Man, I love her so much. I love that my dad welcomes her here. I love having my two favorite people with me on Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas Arch!" Ronnie squealed as she came running over and embracing me in a tight hug. She has the biggest and brightest smile on her face.

"Merry Christmas Ronnie. I love you." I reply as I kiss her head.

The divorce has really taken a beating on her and I'm so happy that she's happy right now. I haven't seen her like this in awhile.

She takes my hand and leads me to the table where my dad is sitting. I watch as she grabs a huge stack of waffles from the kitchen counter and gets the whipped cream bottle as well.

"Your dad showed me his special recipe." She says while grinning. She handed me my plate and then goes to dig something out of her bag. She brings back a beautifully wrapped present.

"Merry Christmas Archie. For our many more adventures."

"I love you, Ronnie." I say as I begin to unwrap my gift and smile.

When I get to the box on the inside, I see what I've been eying for the past six months: and ENO hammock. Specifically a double one for both Veronica and I.

"Ronnie, thank you so much!"

"I know it's kinda dumb but I know how much you wanted one." She says as she hugs me tight.

"Don't you worry. I have a lil something for you too." I say and wink at her as I run upstairs to my room.

I carry down a small box with a bow and place it in her hands.

She smiles and kisses me. She opens the box to reveal a necklace with the moon phase of a Waxing Crescent.

"Archie, It's beautiful!" She stares at it in awe.

"That's our moon. That's the exact moon phase the night that we met." I say.

She looks at me with watery eyes and gives me the biggest hug I think I've ever received.

"I love you so much, Archie Andrews."