14

Jungwon let out a loud sigh, caressing his nosebridge with his fingers. "Jake hyung, how many times do I have to ask you guys to ask before you randomly teleport into my home?" 

I gaped at him with unbelieving eyes. "You're one to talk." 

Jungwon stuck his tongue out at me before leaning below the table and snatching Layla up before she could teleport away from him. He let out a giggle as she thrashed around in his hands, licking his face. Jake quickly teleported to Jungwon and grabbed Layla, cooing at her. 

"Layla, why do you always have to teleport at the most random times?" he whined. 

Jake let her jump out of his arms, pulling out the seat in between Jungwon and I and settling down in it. Then, he turned to me, as if was just now noticing my presense. "Goodmorning Yumin!"

"Goodmorning Jake." I replied with a smile. Jungwon sat back down, eyes still on Layla, who was prancing around in happiness around the dining area. He scratched his head, thinking. "I should bring Maeumi to your palace one day to meet Layla." 

I took a sip of my tea, offering Jake some of my food, which he happily accepted. "Who's Maeumi?" 

Jungwon smiled, clearly fond of whoever this 'Maeumi' was. "My dog. Maeumi's staying with her trainor right now, though." 

Suddenly, Jake snapped his fingers as he came in realization of something. "Ah, I just remembered that I needed to come see you for something." 

Jungwon and I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. 

He took a bite of the blueberry pastry I offered him. "My parents are hosting a masquerade ball tonight for the important government figures from all of thekingdoms, and they told me that I could personally invite you two, along with the other princes."

I thought about the idea of being able to go to another kingdom, as I've never been outside of the Yang Kingdom before. The thought excited me, and I started to agree to it. However, Jungwon cut in before I could even open my mouth. 

"I'm really sorry, but Yumin's injured right now. I don't want her making her injury worse." He said, gesturing towards my side. 

The fact that Jungwon had remembered that I was injured surprised me, especially considering the fact that I had forgotten myself. I touched my side, slightly dissapointed at the thought of missing out this chance because of the wreched injury. 

"I think I might be able to handle it." I said reassuringly, giving Jungwon hopeful eyes. Jungwon, noticing my gaze, gave me a look. 

Jake looked between the two of us, not sure what was going on. Layla peeked her head above the table, trying to sneak a bite out of my food. Jake quickly pushed her head away, whispering, "Read the room, Layla." 

Jungwon pursed his lips, setting down his silverware. "Yumin, you'd probably rip open your stitches just from trying to get into a dress." 

I, too, set my silverware down and gave him what I hoped was a convincing smile. "I'll be extra careful." 

"You can't even clean your own injury. How am I supposed to be assured that you won't do something rash and injur yourself even more?" 

My smile grew. "Well, you'll be there won't you? You can be there to make sure I don't do anything dumb." I crossed my arms, pulling the last straw with my words. "Unless, you don't think you'll be able to handle me?" 

Jungwon sighed, his last buttons pushed. However, that look in his face said that he had given up. "Somewhere out there is a tree, tirelessly producing oxygen for you to breathe. I think you owe it an apology." He muttered under his breath.