18

"I won't ever mind." He whispered. "I'll never leave you."

From that day on, there was a silent mutual agreement between the two of us to stay with each other throughout the night. We never really did things you would expect a typical married couple to be doing in the same bed, other than when I was clutching onto Jungwon like my life depended on it. In fact, one of us usually knocked out cold immediately after our occasional conversations.

My nightmares didn't get better, though. In fact, it seemed like they hadn't improved at all, receiving the same terror dream every night. You'd think that I would get used to it after experiencing it a few times, but I always had the same reaction: awful, useless screaming and crying.

Of course, Jungwon was always there to help me get through it. Every time I'd wake up in cold sweat with a fresh sob trapped in my throat, his secure arms would always tighten around me with calming whispers and advice immediately flowing from his lips. It was a wonder that he was still up for the job, never once complaining.

To my dismay, when asked how he felt about it, he simply replied with, "It feels like taking care of a newborn baby. I lose a shit ton of sleep, but I don't regret it."

It had now been five days since Hyunsoo's death. I hadn't left my room much throughout that period of time, other than when Jungwon and I went out for a stroll in the now-familiar Sheep Garden as he was nagging about my injury. However, he was getting busier with each day that passed by, meaning that was often the most time I could spend with him when conscious.

Now, I was sitting stiffly on our bed and clutching the sheets tightly, knuckles whitening from the pressure on the poor duvet.

"That fucking hurts, Jungwon." I gritted out, throwing a glare at the boy busying himself with my injury. He was wearing his casual clothes today- a plain white shirt, a navy cardigan, and grey sweatpants- since today was his break day, the day where Jungwon didn't have to attend to his duties and could just spend the day as he pleased.

"Well, it's gonna hurt a whole lot more if it's not treated properly. It'll get infected and the nurses will have to amputate it off." He tsked, gesturing at me with the tweezer and cotton ball.

I flinched as he dabbed more of the cleaning liquid on the wound. "Now you're just exaggerating." I muttered at him.

"But am I?" He questioned, tossing the soiled cotton ball in the trash can next to us.

Jungwon got up from his kneeled position, taking the gauze wrap with him. His arms circled around me, focused on carefully wrapping the gauze securely around my waist and enveloping me in his warmth.

We never spoke about these parts of our relationship, solely choosing to dismiss them. Although we weren't exactly treating each other as a couple, we did exchange touches similar to these from time to time, not to mention the position we slept in at night.

However, I didn't want to think about it yet. The possibility that I was developing feelings for him, and the possibility that he was reciprocating them back. I just wanted to enjoy the type of relationship we had now, and let future Yumin worry about the complications later.

Once Jungwon had verified that my injury had been properly treated and supplies adequately placed back in their positions, he turned to me. The large grin and pure excitement on his face sparked some curiosity in me.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow up at him.

He excitedly teetered over to the drawer next to our bed as a response and opening it to shuffle through its contents. I sat in silence as I watched him search for whatever it was he was looking for.

Once he found it, he made a show of lifting it up in the air before handing the small square of paper to me. I took it from his hand, peering at the content.

"Oh my gosh." I squealed as I realized what I was looking at. "Is this you?" I asked with realization, turning the photograph of his much younger self to face him.

Jungwon nodded, pointing at the background. "And that's the beach I was talking about to you the other night."

I tilted my head, some faltering a little. "But, why would you show me this?"

He sat down next to me, inching closer to me and smile only growing wider. "Well, I thought that the air has been pretty depressing around here lately." I let out a snort at that. "So, I figured we could all take a break from this lifestyle and spend a weekend at the beach. Just the eight of us, with only a few guards patrolling."

Jungwon looked down, smile softening. "And I thought that this would be a good way to, you know, distract you from the things worrying you. Don't worry, I made sure to book a completely separate room for us from the others just in case something happens in the night again."

To my surprise, my heart started racing at his words. It had never occurred to me until now that Jungwon had never asked me to specify the my nightmares to him, most likely to respect my privacy. Nonetheless, he had continued to stay and comfort me.

Perhaps I was developing feelings for this thoughtful boy in front of me.

I carefully placed the photo back onto the nightstand and tenderly grabbed his hand, preparing to tell him how much I loved the idea. "Jungw-"

"Ayo, why are we the only ones with our luggage packed already?" Riki asked, dressed in a swimming trunk, T-shirt, and sun hat. There was sunscreen smeared on his nose, a pair of shades resting just above it.

Jungwon and I did a double take, souls leaving our body at the sight of him, along with the five other boys dressed equally behind him. We jumped away from each other, gawking at how the number of people in the room had just quadrupled.

How the heck did they just teleport in here so silently? And without Jungwon noticing too?

Glancing at Jungwon's face, I could tell that he, too, felt the same way.

Heeseung sniffled, rubbing his nose a little and blinking innocently at the two of us. "Why are you guys staring at us like that?"

Before I could answer, Jake let out a hysterical laugh from the side of the room. He was leaning over the night stand, pointing at the photograph from earlier.

"Hey Jungwon, your younger self's head is s big that it's giving me mega mind." He snickered.

Jungwon let his face fall into his hands. "Hyung..."