2.44 [final]

I can't see anything. I can't hear anything. I can't feel anything. All I can focus on is running towards the room that Jungwon is in. The room that he poisoned himself in.

Yunseo had followed me the second I started running out the bedroom towards him, but I think I lost her on the way here. I don't know. I don't care. All I care about is Jungwon.

Jungwon.

Jungwon.

Please be alive. Please be alive. Please. Please be alive.

I think tears are streaming down my face, and that's partially a reason why I'm having difficulty seeing, but I don't care enough to try and hide them.

I found it weird, how Jungwon never told me his plan to poison the Queen. I knew he had one, and of course I had asked. But all he had done was ruffle my hair with the adorable smile of his and kiss me on the cheek, his only words being "Just trust me on this."

I shouldn't have trusted him.

I should've known Yang Jungwon would value the life of those kids and I over his own. And now he's poisoned himself along with the Queen.

Please be alive. Please be alive.

"My lady, you cannot enter this room. Her majesty the Queen and his highness the Crown Prince are having a meeting right now." The servant in front of the door told me, stepping in front of me before I could wrench the handles off of the damn doors.

"Get out of the way." I simply said, voice eerily quiet and calm.

"I'm sorry, but we're going to have to reject your presence." He said sternly, refusing to move.

"If you do not move out of the way at once, I will have you praying for death." I deadpanned, feeling my patience grow thin the longer he kept me from entering the room.

The servant looked annoyed, like he was about to refuse again before his entire face dropped in fear. His eyes shook as he double checked to make sure he hadn't seen wrong. "My lady, your eyes! They're glowing red!"

He gasped suddenly, putting his head down and stepping aside. "I had no knowledge that you were a pureblood. Please, go right in."

I didn't bother to spare him another glance as I threw open the doors. The Queen was bent over, face-down on the table and arms dangling next to her. Dead. But that's not what I cared about. An animalistic noise left me when my eyes laid upon my prince slumped in his chair, the iron scent of blood floating in the air. Blood trickled out of his mouth and down his chin, indicating the signs of being poisoned.

I ran to him, sinking down on my knees next to his chair and placing a hand on both sides of his face, wincing at how cold his skin was.

"Jungwon." I whispered.

No response.

"Jungwon." I said again, a little louder this time. I shook his shoulder a bit.

Again, no response.

"Wonnie. Your highness. Jungwon. Please." I said, voice breaking as I felt all of my energy drain out of me and my heart fall.

There was a pain in my chest. The same pain I felt when I first discovered my feelings for him, one that I once found excitement in. However, this pain was now excruciating as I looked into his eyes that were losing the glint that I loved so incredibly much.

"The joke's over Jungwon. Wake up." I cried out in between my sobs as I let my head fall into his lap, my tears staining the expensive fabric of his uniform pants. "Wake up."