17

And as the servants bustled around to serve the fresh blood, everything went into a haze.

Tw: might not be suitable for all readers

"Hyunsoo." I called out, blindly reaching out in front of me due to the bright light illuminated onto my face.

As the lights dimmed, I realized where I was. The green floor, the green circling, the green goblets- it was without a doubt the Sim castle.

Suddenly, the guards came out again onto the platform. Someone was again struggling in their arms. As I peered closer, I realized that someone was Hyunsoo. He was acting exactly how he had previously.

Shocked, I couldn't do anything but gawk. How was he alive? Why was I back here again? Where was everyone else?

Why did it seem like the exact same scene was reoccurring?

"Let go of me!" Hyunsoo shrieked, his premature voice slicing through the air. The guards didn't say anything, simply forcing him onto his knees again. Curses flew out of Hyunsoo's mouth.

As if finally noticing my presense, he whipped his head to me. "Yumin," he yelled out, eyes boring into mine. "Save me!"

Snapping out of my daze, I attempted to lift my foot up. However, my feet just simply wouldn't move. I let out a panicked noise, desperately trying to tug my feet to work. It was as if my feet were cemented to the ground.

A gurgling noise brought my attention back to the stage. I realized with horror that the noises were coming from Hyunsoo. His hands were on his throat again, clasping onto the hilt of the knife lodged in it. However, it was his eyes that sent a shiver down my spine.

They were so cold. So transparent with hate. Hate directed towards me.

I screamed, desperately trying to run to him, but my forsaken legs just wouldn't move. Hyunsoo's mouth opened, rasping out words.

"I hate you." He said, choking on his own blood.

My entire body shook and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. My attention was stolen by another sight to my left, initiating another terrified scream from me at the sight of what it was.

"Yunseo." I croaked out, tears flowing freely down my face. She, too, has a hand on her throat, drowning in her own blood.

"Yumin." She said it in a whisper, but it was like I could hear it as a yell. "Why us?"

I turned my gaze shakily towards Hyunsoo, my throat crying.

"Why do we have to be killed?" He asked, the light leaving his eyes.

"Why not you?" Yunseo added.

I raised my hands to my ears, feeling my knees give up as I slowly sank to the ground. "I don't know." I whispered, voice shaking. "I'm sorry."

"You monster."

"How could you just watch me die like that?"

"Did you even love us?"

"What do you have that's so special?"