Ch. 15 - My Saving Grace

"AND WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU are going?" Adeline asked me when I walked downstairs, shrugging my jacket on

Her honey blonde hair was pulled into a tight bun, and her dark green eyes were staring at me with curiosity. She typed one more thing on her laptop before shutting it. She sat the laptop on the coffee table before standing up.

"Out," I replied, shortly.

She put her hands on her hips before saying,"Well, I don't want you going out."

"And you act like I give a flying fuck."

"Joshua, watch your tone with your mother," my father said as he typed away on his computer.

"She isn't my mother!" I exclaimed as anger fueled through my body.

I hate when he calls her my mother. My mother was kind, smart, courageous, and supportive. She was like a ray of sun, and she was my favorite person in the entire world.

But Adeline is the literal opposite of my mother. She's rude, mean, and she only cares about Asher; her perfect son. She doesn't care about me, and the bad part about it is that I used to try and be nice to her. I really did until my mother passed away.

Let's just say she said something bad about my mother a few weeks after she passed, and I was not happy whatsoever. So ever since then, she has been on my shit list.

My father shut his computer before standing up from the couch. He stood a little over six foot, and his dark brown hair was combed neatly. His blue eyes narrowed at me, and I returned the glare with my own.

The only thing Asher doesn't have from my father is his eyes. While Asher's are a deep blue, ours are icy like winter. I hate that I share my eye color with him, but there is nothing I can do about it.

And speaking of the devil, he walked into the living room with a bag of chips. His eyes held amusement before he ate a chip.

"That's right. How could I forget that you are the bastard son?" My father's voice held spite and disgust.

I'm used to it now. He has had that tone with me since he found out I was his child. He blames me for everything when I haven't even done nothing wrong. I was just a mistake, and he makes sure I know it every single day of my existence.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing ahold of the door handle.

"I'm going out, and I'll be back later," I said as I opened the door.

"Going to go screw Leah, huh?" Asher asked with a smirk.

Anger boiled through me, and I clenched my fists by my sides. If Asher doesn't keep his mouth shut about Leah, I'm going to shut it for him.

"What?" Adeline asked, surprise covered her features.

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" Asher asked, looking at her then at our father. "Joshua, here, stole my girlfriend. But I guess it's okay since she's a no good whore."