Ch. 10 - Guy Best Friend

JOSHUA PARKED HIS CAR IN FRONT of my house at exactly 7:30

JOSHUA PARKED HIS CAR IN FRONT of my house at exactly 7:30. I watched him step out of his car before walking up to my front door.

I quickly grabbed my book bag and my soccer bag before running downstairs to meet him at the door. I don't want my Mom to open the door to him or else she will be over dramatic about it.

"Aw, you loos so cute today," Mom said as she entered the living room with a cup of coffee.

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing light washed wide leg jeans that had huge white hearts all over them along with a white cropped t-shirt that had light blue writing on it. I also had on a pair of white shoes to match the whole vibe.

Since my hair is short, I usually either curl it or straighten it. And today I decided to straighten it.

"Thanks," I thanked her with a smile.

The doorbell rang, and I quickly ran to the door before my Mom could blink.

"I'll see you this afternoon. Love you! Tell Dad I love him!" I quickly exclaimed before walking out of the house.

As soon as I shut the door, I was met with Joshua's chest. He stepped back to give me space, and he looked up and down at my outfit.

"What?" I asked him with a curious expression on my face.

"Nothing. You just look happy today," he replied before extending his hand up towards my soccer bag. "I can help you with that."

I handed him my soccer bag, and he slung it over his shoulder. We started to walk to his car, and I took the opportunity to look at his outfit of the day.

But shocker shocker, it was his normal attire; black jeans, black shirt, and black leather jacket. I swear his closet is all black shirts and pants. He may have three or four white shirts, but that's the only colors he wears. If he has a sweatshirt on, it's usually a dark color.

He never wears anything bright. I wonder why.

Joshua opened the door for me, and I thanked him before sliding into the passenger seat. I put my book bag in the floorboard while Joshua put my soccer bag in the backseat.

Then he got into the car with the key twirling between his fingers.

He started the engine which roared to life before driving off towards the school building.

The ride was quiet; the only sound coming from the radio. I wanted to talk to him, but I don't know what to talk about.

"What are you doing after soccer practice?" Joshua asked me, suddenly, as he glanced over at me.

"Uhm, nothing. I might have some homework, but that's it," I answered before asking,"Why?"

"Because I wanted to see if you wanted to go get milkshakes after school. Well, you get the milkshake while I get my cherry coke."